Help, getting around Majorca with kids and no car!

(5 Posts)
weaselbudge Sun 21-Aug-16 13:04:13

We are off tomorrow to the south east part (cala ferrera, near cala d'or) with a 6 and 7 year old. OH has just lost his driving licence and we have had to cancel the hire car as they are adamant they need the actual photocard. I have arranged a coach transfer from the airport but is it possible to get between the coastal areas quite easily on bus - eg from cala ferrera to the cala d'or marina for example, and are taxis easy to find? We need options for when 6 year old runs out of steam, and for going out in the evening for dinner.

Underparmummy Sun 21-Aug-16 14:01:03

We were in puerto pollensa so different resort but had we managed it (v hot and we were v lazy!) we could have gone to the nearby resorts very easily. Very regular buses going up to Pollensa town and Alcudia. I would imagine similar on all bits of the island?
We got a taxi to Palma airport and back and there were a lot of taxi companies to choose from.

Sorry to be so unspecific! No driving was on our list of requirements for the holiday actually so I'd looked into buses before going (but we were then lazy!).

Happy holidays!

perrita Sun 21-Aug-16 14:03:33

Buses are brilliant I. Majorca, we easily managed to get around on them, we went as far as Sa Coma to Palma on one, very nice, fairly cheap and was air conditioned too.

TheFairyCaravan Sun 21-Aug-16 14:14:14

There's a little land train that goes all round Cala d'Or, right up to the marina. The taxis are really easy to find, they're usually in the square in Cala d'Or, just before the pedestrianised bit. Hotels are usually quite happy to phone for taxis if you ask.

You don't need a car in that area, tbh. It's a great area and very, very family friendly. Have a great time. It's one of my favourite places ever.

LockedOutOfMN Sun 21-Aug-16 14:27:02

Taxis are relatively inexpensive in Mallorca. Enjoy your holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now