Feb family break somewhere warm?

(9 Posts)
MunchCrunch01 Fri 19-Aug-16 10:05:55

anybody been on a February break somewhere warm and family friendly? Have toddler so ideally not a very long flight...

Underparmummy Fri 19-Aug-16 12:42:28

I think its only really the canary islands in feb thats definitely warmer in Europe - thats about a 4 hour flight from memory? Lots of family friendly resorts though.

LuckySantangelo1 Fri 19-Aug-16 12:46:02

Canaries or Cape Verde. You won't get any short haul places being warm in Feb. Canaries are 5 hr flight, CV is 6.

MunchCrunch01 Fri 19-Aug-16 13:12:55

any recommendations for Canaries resorts or companies that do family friendly holidays in these locations?

Gyderlily Fri 19-Aug-16 16:20:55

The canaries is short haul! Cyprus in February CAN be lovely but it's a risk... Definitely safest sticking with the canaries! I've had some lovely holidays in both lanzarote and fuertaventura has amazing sand dunes but is quiet! Depends what you are after

MunchCrunch01 Fri 19-Aug-16 16:23:05

yes anything 8 hours or under is fine! Quiet, and warm is what we're after. With some children activities as I'm assuming we'll be unlikely to be swimming that time of year

Justtrying Fri 19-Aug-16 16:49:22

Tenerife is lovely then, just make sure the hotel has a heated pool, aclimatized ones are freezing at that time of year.

We return to The Costa Adeje Gran, next week. Their childrens pool, 12" deep is heated all year round. Lovely hotel, 15 min walk to the beach at El Duque, its up hill on the way back but taxis cost about 10€. A few resturants and a supermarket right next to hotel, but the seafront where all the other resturants and bars are, is a again a 15 min walk. The Colonial is our favourite bar, does lovely food including great childrens portions of familiar dishes. It was a godsend when our dd was younger, lovely place to watch the sunset too.

Gyderlily Fri 19-Aug-16 17:28:53

As justtrying has said find somewhere with a heated pool and you will certainly be able to swim (well toddler will anyway, they are generally braver than us) Lanzarote can be windy and I wasn't thinking when I suggested fuertaventura ... Beaches can be a lot of walking for a toddler! The south of each island is warmer as a rule than the north but I believe gran canaria has the warmest all year climate, I haven't been but my friend has a villa there and was sunbathing everyday this February when she went!

MunchCrunch01 Fri 19-Aug-16 19:44:12

Thanks I will check out these recommendations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now