11 vs 14 nights holiday to Spain.

(20 Posts)
user1471432396 Wed 17-Aug-16 12:19:19

Sounds quite trivial, I want to book a holiday for next summer and I cant decide how long to go for.

I could go Sunday- following Thurs, total 11 nights or for £200 more go sunday - sunday, 14 nights.

Were staying in a villa not a hotel and I just cant decide if 14 nights is too long with a just 5 and just 3 year old. Ive never been away with them for longer than 1 week.

Were you ready to come home after 7 or 10 nights or is 14 nights going to be ok. Well do some day trips but mainly beach/pool/park days.. My husband thinks 14 nights is going to be too long.

Avebury Wed 17-Aug-16 21:02:12

I always think 10 days is perfect with small children so I'd go for the 11 day option

AnyFucker Wed 17-Aug-16 21:05:04

We always do 10-11 nights

A week isn't quite enough to properly relax and 2 weeks seems to really drag/get monotonous in the middle

frenchfancy Wed 17-Aug-16 21:05:28

14 days definitely. It makes such a difference being on holiday for 2 weeks.

TheFairyCaravan Wed 17-Aug-16 21:07:37

11 nights is perfect for a holiday with little ones I think. We always found 14 nights was too long.

CremeEggThief Wed 17-Aug-16 21:08:55

10-11 days gets my vote, especially as you've only been away for 7 days before.

leccybill Wed 17-Aug-16 21:11:32

We always go for 11 nights.
Just got back today from 11 nights in Greece, which felt just right. Met friends there who had booked a fortnight who found it to have dragged. They had young children and it was all a bit of a slog really.

ShangriLaLaLa Wed 17-Aug-16 21:14:40

We went to Spain recently and could only get 10 nights in the room type we wanted.

Worked out brilliantly. Wasn't the best of hols and we were more than ready to come back after 10 nights.

When the children were smaller we always went for 10 nights and it was the perfect duration.

3catsandcounting Wed 17-Aug-16 23:27:30

Definitely 10-11 nights has been perfect for us for the past 10 years - so small children turning into teens, it's always suited us.

TheHobbitMum Wed 17-Aug-16 23:35:14

I I'd go for 14 nights! 10days doesn't feel long enough to me

madmother1 Wed 17-Aug-16 23:36:44

14 nights for me smile. Always have done, even when the kids were little.

mirmc Wed 17-Aug-16 23:47:31

Went for 14 nights last year, 17 this year. It was fab! Hope to do 18 next year. I'd do 21 if I could afford it. You do as much planning, organising and packing whether it's for 1 week or 2. I'd go for as long as possible. We like to hire a car and sightsee when on holidays though, don't think I could do 2 weeks just staying in a resort.

petitpois55 Thu 18-Aug-16 10:38:12

I prefer 10/11 nights, and that's with a teen. With young children, i wouldn't do two weeks.
i think it could really start to drag. We have done two weeks a few times before, but i have found it that little bit too long, especially if it's a beach type holiday.
We did 11 nights in Spain recently, and have booked for 11 nights for Greece next Summer.
If we were say going on a road trip, it would be more like 2-3 weeks whether in Europe or the US.

BarbaraofSeville Fri 19-Aug-16 10:19:28

I think 2 weeks is too long, but obviously others think it is fine.

Don't forget that as well as the extra £200 for the villa hire, you will also have 3/4 days extra of food, drink and entertainment to pay for, and possibly car hire and parking at the airport in the UK, so don't forget to factor that into your calculations.

It's only the flights that won't cost extra, and if you fly on different days, the prices may be different anyway (midweek is often cheaper than weekend to holiday destinations).

petitpois55 Fri 19-Aug-16 10:29:15

Thinking about it, most people i know go away for two weeks at a time, A few summers back, we decided to split our main summer holiday in to two weeks. We did one at the beginning of the School summer holidays, and one at the end.

There was only one set of flight costs involved though, as this is what usually incurs the most expense.

It worked really well. We felt we had two holidays in two completely different places

PoptartPoptart Sat 27-Aug-16 18:57:22

We recently got back from 7 nights in Menorca. It wasn't quite long enough, although I think 2 weeks might have been too long and we would've got bored, so I'd say 10/11 nights is just right!

DandelionAndBedrock Sat 27-Aug-16 19:09:59

We do 10 days, but DP takes a fortnight off work (I'm a teacher) so that we can have a few days at home doing local things that we always say we will get round to.

Less romantically, it also means you can get all your post-holiday washing sorted before you go back into work routines.

OhFuds Sat 27-Aug-16 19:16:44

We always go for a fortnight but Tbh I'm ready to come home after day 10. A villa might be different but I get bored very quickly of the hotel food, lack of free sunbeds round the pool, kids entertainment etc so I end up spending a fortune doing day trips and eating out.

SwedishEdith Sat 27-Aug-16 21:26:52

The longer the better for me.

Makemineacabsauv Sat 27-Aug-16 23:24:40

14 days is still not enough for me!!! So, I'd go for 14 days. You can mix in lazy days with active days and it's over in a flash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now