Girls weekend in the sun

(14 Posts)
Skala123 Sun 14-Aug-16 09:39:26

Help please! Looking to celebrate a 40th birthday in the sun with three girlfriends next year. Will be about June sort of time and we want to go for three nights so short haul to Europe. Criteria is sun, apartment with pool, near the beach (won't be hiring cars) and walkable to some nice restaurants and bars, would be nice to have somewhere slightly more lively so we can listen to some music, have a dance, but not go clubbing. Any suggestions??

Costacoffeeplease Sun 14-Aug-16 09:45:31

Have a look at Carvoeiro in the Algarve (I live here) lots of choice of apartments within walking distance of the beach, restaurants, shops etc There are some bars with live music, but it's not a 'clubbing' place. There's also usually live music/dj in the square every evening from June to September. The weather should be great too

Happy to advise on locations of accommodation etc

Skala123 Sun 14-Aug-16 10:01:21

I absolutely love the algarve, have been to lagos and Burgau this year already! Am trying not to be biased towards it! But will def look at it as would be nice to go somewhere I've not been to before but get my way with the Algarve!

Skala123 Sun 14-Aug-16 18:13:01

Anyone else?

Laptopontable Sun 14-Aug-16 18:18:22

We're going to benidorm for my friends 40th. I know it's seen as a bit tacky but it has everything you want and I've always had a fab time. Cheap there and short flight time.

DoitotmeSheldon Sun 14-Aug-16 18:24:06

Went to Benidorm earlier this year for a 40th birthday. We had a great time, the Benidorm palace is amazing. We thought it would be tacky but its such a big place you can miss all that part if it's not your cup of tea 😊

Coconutty Sun 14-Aug-16 18:25:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JennyHolzersGhost Sun 14-Aug-16 18:27:19

Ibiza? Doesn't have to be crazy clubland. Some naice bits too.

ihatethecold Sun 14-Aug-16 18:31:04

Ibiza town is gorgeous.
Perfect

Skala123 Sun 14-Aug-16 19:32:43

Ibiza is on the list, just not sure where? Have done ibiza town and stayed in Evissa last time but we were in a villa and needed cars to get anywhere so would like somewhere that we can walk to naice places!

lovelybangers Sun 14-Aug-16 19:33:47

Sitges.

Flights to Barcelona are plentiful, and often very good value.

I've been with DH - would love to revisit with girl friends.

ihatethecold Sun 14-Aug-16 19:46:42

Op. I have a thread in shorthaul about Ibiza.
Someone linked some nice places to stay.

MarzipanDildo Sun 21-Aug-16 08:11:23

I did a girls long weekend to Mahon in Menorca. Fabulous place, lots of very cool bars, restaurants, clubs etc (there seem to be lots of people from Barcelona who own weekend pads there).

Loads of seriously gorgeous beaches too - Google Cala En Turqueta. Stunning smile

We hired a car and pootle round the island a bit. It was a brilliant weekend!

Ineedabiscuit Sat 01-Oct-16 15:13:03

I recommend Split, in Croatia, it's great city with beach and there are trendy bars and restaurants a plenty . Prices great value and food is very Italian so loads of fish, pasta, pizza and lots of icecream and of course local wine a beer with is really good quality.
Plenty of places to visit as the city is centred around the Roman Palace of the emporer Diocletian which is walled city where all the stylish bars and restaurants are too !
Fly with easyJet and accommodation with lots of choice for different budgets. Everybody speaks English so really easy city to navigate. I love it and so does my 15 year old teenage son !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now