Cheap all inc holiday may ideas

(9 Posts)
MamaBerg Sat 13-Aug-16 16:12:38

Hi, we are planning a big family holiday and would like some suggestions on where is good without breaking the bank. (Not half term week). We would like somewhere warm but not hot in europe, preferably near a beach. Good kids activities and facilities. We will be 3 couples with 5 kids between us (ages 1,2,3,4&5).
Thanks!

bramblina Sun 14-Aug-16 01:06:13

It depends on your level of quality I suppose.

We stayed at Pirates Village, Santa Ponsa Majorca last October. The hotel is really fun, all piratey and cool for the kids. The pool area is great but we found it cold in Oct (the weather hadn't been great). The staff were great, the room was fine (1 separate bedroom, living/kitchen area), the entertainment was very good and well attended as were the kids club although we used neither. On a Sunday and Thursday afternoon all the staff dress as pirates (v. impressive) and have a fight around the pool, then involve the parents and golden coins in the pool and jumping off the top level of the tower- it's really great. There is fake grass around the pool which is actually great as it's non slip and very nice to look at! We found the food a bit samey, every day there were ordinary things like chicken nuggets and waffles for the kids, plus a good selection over about 4 buffet tables- pasta, salad, bread, one item freshly cooked to order every night, soup, meats, veggies, there was everything really. All drinks too. Depends how fussy you are, we ate out 2 nights of our 7 days just for something really lovely.

We liked it, for the kids, it was a different hotel than the norm. The cold pool was a disappointment as I would have liked to have wallowed in and out but dh and the kids were jumping in- I am a bit pathetic. We like to go somewhere different every year, otherwise we would consider it again.

Our kids were 2, 7 & 10 at the time, and as you have lots of kids I would recommend it.

bramblina Sun 14-Aug-16 01:06:49

Plus we liked Majorca for the shorter flights.

bramblina Sun 14-Aug-16 01:13:06

www.granisla.com/pirates-village-apartments

mouldycheesefan Mon 15-Aug-16 08:16:47

I have been booking a holiday in May but looking at the average temperatures I decided against Ibiza and Greece. Turkey and Cyprus a bit warmer. Have been to turkey at that time of year and it was fine although personally I wouldn't go for that at the moment.

NicknameUsed Mon 15-Aug-16 17:26:01

A cheap all inclusive holiday means one thing to me - horrible food and very basic accommodation. I would get personal recommendations, especially as you have very young children with you. I know a few people who have had their cheap AI holiday ruined by people taking advantage of the AI alcohol.

MamaBerg Tue 16-Aug-16 15:42:31

None of my friends have children thats why i as asking for recommendations on here! I wouldnt ever go to turkey. We gave been to costa del sol in february and the weather was fine then so im sure in may will be great either there or the islands

MamaBerg Tue 16-Aug-16 16:00:01

And I didnt mean cheap and nasty, just reasonable!

Makemineacabsauv Sat 20-Aug-16 18:37:04

Call the London office of Mitsis http://mitsisholidays.com and ask for prices for their AI hotels across Greece. I would head south though as the weather should be warmer. We went to Kos in April last year and it was warm enough for sunbathing during the day, May would be lovely. I used to work out if the Rinela Beach in Kokkini Hani on Crete which is lovely, on a sandy beach and in the centre of the resort - which I prefer as I hate hotels which are up a mountain and you're trapped in them! We don't normally stay in AI as I like to try different restaurants etc but DC have persuaded me to book a Mitsis on Rhodes in Oct, again it's on a sandy beach and in resort so not out in the middle of nowhere. I love Greece in high season and low season!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now