Anyone been to Altomincio or Bella Italia Eurocamp (Lake Garda)?

(14 Posts)
bringonyourwreckingball Sat 13-Aug-16 08:41:19

Looking to book for next summer but can't decide which, has anyone been? We have 2 dds (8 and 10) and will probably fly to Venice and hire a car.

Misty9 Tue 16-Aug-16 21:51:59

We stayed at camping del Garda in April this year with two under 5s and I'd recommend it. Short walk to the centre, clean well maintained facilities and very friendly staff. The pool wasn't open but looked nice. Also totally recommend going on the cable car at malcesine - beautiful scenery at the top.

namechangedtoday15 Sat 20-Aug-16 21:20:54

Haven't stayed at Bella Italia but we passed it last week on the way out of Peschiera. It seemed a fair distance out of the centre - and there was quite a queue of people waiting at what seemed to be a bus stop.

NicknameUsed Sat 20-Aug-16 22:47:59

I wouldn't fly to Venice for Peschiera. Verona is much nearer. I can't comment on the Eurocamps, but Lake Garda is utterly beautiful.

BeJayKayven Sat 27-Aug-16 22:23:05

We flew to Venice for Peschiera last summer (couldn't get suitable Verona flights)
It was fine, obviously a longer drive but the motorway network is great.
We weren't camping but we spoke to loads of people who were and they loved it. (Bella Italia)

NeverTalksToStrangers Sat 27-Aug-16 22:29:02

We stayed in bella italia 2 years ago. Booked with them directly. It was ok. I was expecting great things having heard great reviews but it was a good bit tackier than french campsites. Not much room between mobiles. We've also stayed in camping del garda, which i believe has now been split into two campsites now. It's nice but not a lot in it. We plan to stay in altomincio or camping weekend the next time we go.

We flew to bergamo which was fine. Plenty of airports within reasonable distance.

hollypocks Thu 01-Sep-16 13:03:15

We stayed at Altomincio this summer, absolutely wonderful, best site I've been on. We stayed in the Avant home through eurocamp which overlooked the river. Lots of facilities, beautiful park. Highly recommend.

hollypocks Thu 01-Sep-16 13:04:04

And you kust do Gardaland - brilliant theme park

bringonyourwreckingball Thu 01-Sep-16 13:58:45

Thanks all.

namechangedtoday15 Thu 01-Sep-16 14:37:30

Another recommendation for Gardaland, there is nowhere else that you forget about the unbelievably massive drop at the top of the adrenaline rides because the view is so spectacular.

waitinglistquery Tue 06-Sep-16 10:18:52

Bella Italia has a great location and lovely walks along the lake in both directions. It also has a great pizzeria overlooking the lake. The pitches are quite small though.

Clayhead Sun 11-Sep-16 23:02:49

I also stayed in an Avant at Altomincio, we've been a few times. It's not on the lake but is a lovely place to stay - my dc begged to go back!

This time we visited Verona, Mantova, Bardolino, Salò, took the train to Venice, had tortelli di zucca in Valeggio sul Mincio.

My dc are teens now, they loved both pools, the foam party, the cheesy but fun entertainment and the gelataria. The pizzeria and shop are both great.

Hth! smile

2016Hopeful Mon 19-Sep-16 12:05:19

Really liked Bella Italia as it is right on the lake and you can walk into Peschiera and get buses or trains easily. Site was busy but if you stay in a bungalow there is a lot of space around and no cars, I thought the pitches and mobile homes looked a bit crammed together (though there were some beautiful pitches over looking the lake).

Bungalows are great imo but lots of people moan about them on trip advisor. There are 2 bedrooms, kitchen/diner/living room, bathroom, nice covered terrace with garden furniture. There was a TV (didn't watch but could watch UK news, lots of kitchen equipment, air conditioner). They looked slightly dated but were clean. Bathroom had a bit of a minging smell though and the cleaner I bought from the supermarket also smelt weird so it think it was the cleaning product that was the issue! They felt very private as well so you didn't feel on top of neighbours. Was also nice and near the pool.

The apartments also looked lovely and a lot of them were directly around a pool (but be careful because some are in a strange position in the middle of the site not near the pool).

Campsite supermarket was very reasonable but veg shop expensive. Restaurants on site were great and you could get a pizza for 7-10 euros and an aperol spritz for 3 euro 50! Ice creams seem to be 1 euro 50 ish everywhere and were generous.

Dumplinghead Mon 19-Sep-16 22:06:16

We have just come back from Altomincio yesterday. Absolutely loved it. Stayed with Eurocamp in an Avant too. Flew into Bergamo, easy hour's drive. Gardaland was great, also loved mooching in Sermione and Malcescine. Our three year old had a ball but there is loads for all age groups. We are looking to book again for next year and we never go back anywhere! We were there until close of site and I would not recommend going at the end of the season again though as we noticed a huge difference between the two weeks. Fab site though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now