Lake Garda - but for girls/'ladies' weekend away

(6 Posts)
Tiredemma Fri 05-Aug-16 18:55:49

Would you go to Lake Garda for a girls weekend away? We have fast moved on from the days where we crawled out of Magaluf bars. We want to relax but equally have nice places to eat of an evening but also some nice cocktails/wine. Dont really want to be in bed for 10pm etc though.

We like sightseeing, mooching around nice resorts- we have all wanted to go to the italian lakes but not sure if its more for couple and families.

?

pieceofpurplesky Fri 05-Aug-16 19:07:42

I love Garda but not for a weekend - it takes ages from the airport and a lot of time is spent travelling around the lake to get to places - so maybe longer?
Weekends I would say would be Ibiza (further out than San An), Sienna, Carrcassone, Lisbon and one place I had a brilliant girls' weekend was Guernsey in the Channel Islands - loads to see and do, great food and good bars/pubs

Tiredemma Fri 05-Aug-16 19:33:54

ooh have always fancied Sienna- will have a look now.
Will also look at Guernsey! never considered that

xexxsy Fri 05-Aug-16 20:56:56

Just a suggestion, but us girls (ha ha) had three days in Malaga City in May.

It was fab.

A euro or so on the bus straight in. Short walk to hotel, and OMG. The shopping, the streetlife, the nightlife, the food, the beach and so much more.

It really surprised and delighted us all.

alp Fri 05-Aug-16 22:46:56

Bardolino is 45mins ish from Verona Airport.
Small little town with a cobbled streets and few bars/restaurants. We went for a hen weekend and had a great time!

NicknameUsed Fri 05-Aug-16 23:06:01

"I love Garda but not for a weekend - it takes ages from the airport"

It depends which end of the lake you are staying at and which airport you fly into. As alp has pointed out the southern end of lake Garda is less than an hour from Verona airport.

We have stayed in Garda and Sirmione and liked them both equally. There are more lakeside cafes in Garda simply because of the geography of Sirmione which is on a long peninsula sticking out into the lake, and has hotels built up to the edge of the lake.

I adore Lake Garda and would want to spend more than a weekend there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now