Southend Airport

(10 Posts)
mckenzie Thu 04-Aug-16 11:20:46

We are departing from there for our Easyjet flight. Any tips?
I understand it's very very small. Is there more or less once you go through security? is it worth staying this side for as long as possible?

TIA

olympicfan Thu 04-Aug-16 20:01:24

Wonderful airport... about 6 flights a day. No queues, just turn up go through security. You have toilets and WHSmiths on the other side, chairs to sit down and your plane outside the door.

Best airport ever!

Outside the airport, about a 5 minute walk, you have a retail park with Sports Direct, Pets R Us, B and M bargain type store etc.

mckenzie Fri 05-Aug-16 19:02:04

Thank you olympicfan
We were very impressed and can't think why we would ever fly from anywhere else now. Our cab driver said the only down side is that there is only one road in and out and so if there is an accident or hold up, you're stuffed.
Is that correct?

CremeBrulee Fri 05-Aug-16 19:09:27

It's a great airport but shhh don't tell everyone!

mckenzie Fri 05-Aug-16 19:12:10

I won't, I promise grin

JontyDoggle37 Fri 05-Aug-16 19:23:00

Cab driver isn't quite correct, there are two main roads in and out (A13 and A127) and there are three local roads giving access to the airport, although only one roundabout that they all meet at, at the actual airport access point. We live five minutes away and have been known to touch down, disembark and be in our house putting the kettle on in under twenty minutes - bloody marvellous! grin

Hoppinggreen Fri 05-Aug-16 19:24:57

We got diverted there once flying home from France to Leeds. I was hugely pisssed off but once we arrived everyone was so lovely and it was such a nice airport I soon cheered up!

mckenzie Mon 08-Aug-16 08:24:06

Thanks Jonty
We will definitely be looking at using Southend airport again. We're going home via Heathrow this time sadly but next time ........smile

ThePinkCat Thu 11-Aug-16 21:39:14

The only negative I found is when your outbound flight is delayed by four hours and the only thing to do is wander in and out of WH Smith.

derektheladyhamster Thu 11-Aug-16 21:46:27

I love little airports. Bournemouth is worth the extra drive over Gatwick any day. 😃

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now