Good snorkeling holiday on Mediterranean?

(3 Posts)
Topnotes Tue 02-Aug-16 16:35:20

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a destination for snorkelling for the summer half term next year? I'm thinking of a sheltered cove or beach, but maybe snorkelling from rocks/lido would work too, probably in southern med to get warmer sea. Ideally, it would be near a town with some nice restaurants and other 'days out' things to do.

plusthree Tue 02-Aug-16 16:43:52

Never been, but I've heard Gozo has lovely snorkelling.
I'm not sure there are many fish stocks left in the Med and the lack of coral might be a problem.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 04-Aug-16 10:26:26

Little coves of Mallorca have loads of fish (Cala Fornells and the far east coast for example). The sea won't be that warm at the end of May, unless you are quite hardy or use wetsuits.

Not the med but Lanzarote is excellent and will probably be a bit warmer. You're never going to get the coral and tropical fish experience but I snorkel a lot in the Med and the Canaries and always see loads of fish and the odd octopus. Just look for small beaches with lots of rocks and snorkel around the rocks to see the most fish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now