Nervous about trip abroad

(4 Posts)
LittleDragon Fri 29-Jul-16 18:11:30

I'm going abroad for the first time next month with a group of uni students (an organisation that has societies in most unis) to Berlin. Am very nervous about going as its first time I've been abroad in 20 years. Its my first time flying.
All meals, travel and activities are sorted by the organisers, but I have an extra day out planned with some of the group which I'll need to pay for (39.50 euros entry) so am wondering how much spending money I'm likely to need?
I'm also wondering how I'm likely to be treated with regards to my disabilities out there, I have physical difficulties, anxiety, depression and PTSD on top of Aspergers and dyspraxia both at the severe end of the spectrum.
Also we do get some free time so wondering if anyone had any activities (preferably that won't break the bank) that they would highly recommend?

Pencilplant Sun 31-Jul-16 23:52:11

I've not been to Berlin but I've heard it's amazing. You will have a great time I'm certain and I bet you'll cope better than you think. Remember to ask for support from the people you are with I'm sure they will be supportive. Maybe look at trip advisor or lonely planet for ideas of activities. Enjoy X

LittleDragon Mon 01-Aug-16 00:42:58

Thanks for your reply.
The people going with me are very supportive (majority are Scout and/or Guide leaders) but I'm more nervous about if I end up on my own and start struggling. I am trying to learn as much German as I can before I go using an app on my phone so hopefully that will help. Tbh I'm probably imaging the worst but that's how I've always been.

Pencilplant Mon 01-Aug-16 22:02:59

It's ok to say to people you don't want to be alone because you aren't very confident about being abroad. You'll have a great time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now