Dublin - where to stay and what to do?

(5 Posts)
familyfarm Fri 15-Jul-16 16:30:06

Hi, we are planning to take a short (2/3 day break) to Dublin next month. I was wondering if anyone could share please where would be the best place to stay and what there is to do? We will have our 3 year old with us, so something that she can do. We are considering a move to Ireland permanently so would like to get a real feel for the place and people. Thanks! smile

dreamingofsun Fri 15-Jul-16 17:29:26

we stayed on the outskirts by the coast which is lovely. the dart train goes along it into dublin - so easy to get around. people and bars and restaurants lovely. central dublin was a little underwhelming - lots of tourists and the sites were a bit small - the half penny bridge was a bit boring and the park we went to wasn't nearly as pretty as the lovely one near where we were staying. its not especially cheap - similar to south england. its made us want to go back to ireland. dun laghaire (spelt wrong i'm sure) and the next place along, which i can't remember at the moment were nice

familyfarm Fri 15-Jul-16 19:31:34

Thank you dreaming for sharing that! smile

May I ask which hotel you stayed in?

dreamingofsun Fri 15-Jul-16 21:40:42

we stayed in an apartment. via owners direct. its booked up for the next couple of months and wouldn't have been very good with a youngster anyway. dalkey - that was the next little village/town along - which was nice as well

VikingMuchToAllOurLiking Fri 15-Jul-16 21:44:48

Marking my place! Thanks op. Doing something similar soon. I'll watch with interest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now