Anyone been to a two bedroom hotel apartment/villa with main tour operator

(11 Posts)
Madmog Sun 10-Jul-16 19:47:05

We're looking for a two bedroom apartment or villa which facilities right on the doorstep like eating out, maybe a pool or beach. Can anyone recommend anything - we fancy a greek or other island, but possibly Portugal, Italian coast or lakes and mountains holiday.

ifonly4 Mon 11-Jul-16 10:13:28

Bumping this for you, as we'd like a two bed apartment/villa.

mummymeister Mon 11-Jul-16 11:34:56

I think you have got to be a bit more specific to get any answers smile as this is incredibly broad.

are you looking for this years school summer hols. if so then your choice will be nil to none at any sort of budget price. last minute holidays are to the places that no one wants to travel to at the moment.

you might get lucky and pick up something on travel republic. it would help if you could tell people dates and budget as there are some on here that love searching and will help you out.

wigglesrock Mon 11-Jul-16 13:55:49

We have had 2 bedroom apartments with Jet2 in Ibiza.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 11-Jul-16 14:01:23

Lots of bungalow complexes in Lanzarote. We stayed in a lovely one, there were some facilities on the doorstep but it was about a 20 minute walk to the main marina and beach area with restaurants etc. There were certainly others closer to the main resort - have a look for Playa Blanca bungalows.

Costacoffeeplease Mon 11-Jul-16 14:01:27

I'd book flights and apartment separately on one of the listing sites like owners direct/homeaway/holidaylettings

There are lots of 2 bed apts with pools, walking distance of beaches and restaurants in Carvoeiro, where I live in the Algarve

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 11-Jul-16 14:04:25

We're off here: 2 bed room: and all inclusive!

www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/accommodation/overview/Praia-dos-Salgados/Salgados-Palm-Village-045165

ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 11-Jul-16 14:09:44

We had a two bedroom apartment at Talayot Apartments Cala en Forcat in Menorca. Beach, restaurants, playgrounds all within walking distance and a public bus stop right outside for trips to other resorts/towns. We went with Thomson.

NicknameUsed Mon 11-Jul-16 22:37:20

We had a 2 bedroom aparthotel in Baska Voda in Croatia and one in Arillas in Corfu, the latter being through Thomsons. The Corfu apartment was very basic, but great locationwise. The Croatian apartment ticked every box for us.

Madmog Tue 12-Jul-16 16:22:52

Thanks for your replies. We're planning to go end May or mid July next year so do have time. Also, we're totally open minded about where. DDs are getting a bit older now and want a room of their own with proper beds, hence the reason for looking at a two bed apartment/villa.

Will look into options again online now I have a few suggestions.

ifonly4 Wed 13-Jul-16 10:57:45

We had a two bedroomed apartment at Alykanas Beach in Alykanas, Zante (I think it's still with Thomson). I think the two beds all over look the sea so had lovely views. We really enjoyed out time there.

We've stayed at Talayot Apartments as well. We didn't have a two bedroom apartment on that occasion. You can take your chances and and stay near the facilities or if you wanted a quieter area request the pool furthest away from reception.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now