Advice/summer employment for a young person in Italy

(1 Post)
Maplessglobe Mon 27-Jun-16 14:26:23

Hi all
I wasn't sure where to post this so hope it's ok here.
I have a good friend who is a bit younger than me and is an emerging writer (as in- that's what pays his bills but only just). He has gone to Italy for a few months with a plan to improve his Italian and work on his book. He's working on an agriturismo a couple of hours a day and is committed to being there for another month. Most people come there and stay just a week or so so he is finding it hard to be constantly meeting new people who move on quickly. So he's feeling quite isolated and after the remaining month is up, prefers to go somewhere else, where the people are less transient and there are opportunities to meet other young people, particularly Italians.
Does anyone have any good suggestions for places for him to stay/work that would still give him time to write? I've suggested summer camps/conversation companions but I'm not sure of specifics and I suspect it's a bit late in the day for that.
Thanks very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now