Barcelona hotel recommendations

(22 Posts)
WreckTangled Mon 20-Jun-16 13:57:05

Planning a trip to Barcelona for my significant birthday next year. Going for three nights with a budget of £600 although if we can get something brilliant for less that would be great. I've already spent too much time on booking.com and still can't decide! Will be going in June so any suggestions gratefully received smile (yes I know it's ages away but I'm too excited! Plus one hotel I was looking at is booked up already!)

Playduh Mon 20-Jun-16 14:26:35

Unless you have you heart set on a hotel specifically, Barcelona is a great place to Airbnb, with your budget you should be able to get something pretty nice.

Enjoy!

mummymeister Mon 20-Jun-16 14:38:57

agree with playduh. think that you wont get a hotel on this budget so an apartment is definitely the way to go. you can eat three meals out every day with no problems at all.

WreckTangled Mon 20-Jun-16 14:39:52

Oh I've found loads of really nice ones within budget! Will look at air bnb though right now smile

WreckTangled Mon 20-Jun-16 14:53:35

Hmm they do look nice but I think we would rather have a hotel. We don't get out much wink and it'll feel more like a treat.

Patapouf Mon 20-Jun-16 14:57:48

Silken diagonal is the one I stayed in most recently, in walking distance to loads and rates are reasonable. Staff were wonderful and they always have deals under lastminute.com secret hotels thingy.

WreckTangled Mon 20-Jun-16 16:00:56

Looking at hotel H10 Port Vell looks nice?

Anomite Mon 20-Jun-16 16:23:13

I always stay here in Barcelona

www.hotelomm.com/en/

It has a pool which is a nice touch, a great bar too and feels quite special..
A standard room is about 220€ a night so within your budget..

WreckTangled Mon 20-Jun-16 16:31:47

I saw that anomite it looks lovely! Nice to have a recommendation

Anomite Mon 20-Jun-16 16:35:51

It really is quite wow... it would be lovely for a special birthday!

lk26 Mon 20-Jun-16 16:40:10

H10 are fab. We stayed in one at the top of las rambles and had a rooftop pool. Fab views and amazing views. Brill holiday was had. Will look up the name for you.

lk26 Mon 20-Jun-16 16:44:50

H10 metropolitan. Barcelona. Central to everything. Great staff and service etc

WreckTangled Mon 20-Jun-16 18:29:07

Dh has told me the budget is actually £1000 for the three nights so I suppose that gives us quite a few more options?

lk26 Mon 20-Jun-16 19:04:01

Can't remember exactly what we paid but was a great place to stay and so centrally located that was easy to get about.

AnyFucker Mon 20-Jun-16 19:14:49

this place is fabulous

Shitonyoursofa Mon 20-Jun-16 19:20:16

Hotel Soho, Hotel B (although it's a bit further out), Hotel Jazz

WreckTangled Mon 20-Jun-16 19:36:06

Thanks everyone there's so much to choose from confused AnyFucker I was looking at that one too it looks amazing

AnyFucker Mon 20-Jun-16 20:50:16

The position of it is perfect, Wreck and the rooftop pool is seriously the best around with brilliant views. The most comfortable huuuuge bed I have ever slept in, great cocktails. Honestly, treat yourself. If you get the bus from the airport which I recommend it is an easy 5 minute walk across the square, all the open top tours go from here too. The port is 10 min walk. The Gothic quarter literally a cockstride across La Rambla. If you go behind the hotel there are some fabulous tapas restaurants tucked away and if you like to see the real city, warts and all, it's right there.

WreckTangled Mon 20-Jun-16 21:14:18

Ok you've persuaded me grin thanks for all the detail it really does sound perfect! Wish we could go for longer!

AnyFucker Mon 20-Jun-16 21:25:09

Don't go eat or drink on La Rambla though, it can be a rip off. There is a great market half way along that I recommend or try the side streets of the Gothic quarter or El Ravel behind the hotel if you want it a bit grittier. Watch out for the drug pushers (they don't bother you at all if you say no thanks) and don't get into conversations with the guys who try to sell you a single can of coke.

If you want to go posher (and more expensive) there are some very fancy places in the Gracia and Eixample districts.

If you haven't been to the city before, take an open top bus tour to get a great feel for it and the cable car ride is great.

WreckTangled Tue 21-Jun-16 06:03:48

Thank you great tips!

AnyFucker Tue 21-Jun-16 14:18:00

Pm me nearer the time if you want any more tips

I went for my significant birthday and loved it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now