Escape lounge at manchester airport, has anyone used this ?

(16 Posts)
prettywhiteguitar Sat 18-Jun-16 18:23:43

I am booking parking and this popped up, I'm just wondering how useful it would be ?

We are having to be at the airport for 4am with 3 dc ! Anything that makes life easier I will welcome. It's quite expensive but says there is food.

Has anyone used it and have any feedback ? Thanks !

Fuzzywuzzywasabear Sat 18-Jun-16 18:32:20

Free food is continental style breakfast and they will make 1 hot item per person so like a toastie.

Free tea/coffee/ soft drinks and alcohol.

I wouldn't say it's worth the extra unless you're going to hammer the free stuff. When I've used the lounges it it's been through work or on a free pass we've got through a deal.

If the kids are free go for it.

prettywhiteguitar Sat 18-Jun-16 19:15:19

Thank you that's really helpful.

We will probably hammer the free stuff, I'm not a morning person so will need a fair few teas before I can be pleasant, the children all love croissants. I think to buy us all breakfast in the airport will cost a bit, plus it's not always a comfortable set up when you are waiting around.

I think I will see if I can get the price down with a discount code because it's quite expensive really.

FinallyGotAnIPhone Sat 18-Jun-16 19:20:27

I'm not sure if it's this lounge but certainly one lounge at the airport I tried to get into a few years ago (as had a pass via Barclays Bank) and I wasn't allowed in with kids

prettywhiteguitar Sat 18-Jun-16 19:35:50

Oh no there is an option for how many children or infants going, I would imagine there are other business lounges which are available ?

prettywhiteguitar Sat 18-Jun-16 19:42:26

I think I'm just worried about having a nice comfy place to sit with them all so early in the morning !!

JamieVardysParty Sat 18-Jun-16 19:45:07

Online it says £21 pp pre-booked, £25 walk up on the day.

Kids under 2 are free but you need to contact them prior to arriving.

I would assume you pay full rate for kids over 2, and that they would be allowed.

Business lounges are normally only available for business class passengers or those with a certain credit card. You don't tend to be able to blag or pay your way to get in.

Escape Lounge seems more open to anyone in that sense.

prettywhiteguitar Sat 18-Jun-16 20:03:46

Hmm cheapest I can get is £73 for all of us, if it's not very nice inside I will not be pleased, but if it makes life easier and it's comfortable them it might be worth it.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 18-Jun-16 20:10:24

Is there not a big Costa coffee you can sit in and get drinks/crossiants which would be cheaper?

Clayhead Sat 18-Jun-16 20:11:31

Was no where near worth it for us, we tried it but went back to the normal restaurants the next time. I thought it was really expensive for what it was, not awful but really nothing special!

JamieVardysParty Sat 18-Jun-16 20:18:37

What terminal are you flying from?

I always fly from Manchester and there are loads of little quiet corners. I normally find one with a plug socket and charge my phone or watch something on my laptop.

Boots meal deal for food. Will save you a fortune.

HermioneWeasley Sat 18-Jun-16 20:24:45

I wouldnt have thought it would be worth £73 for you. IIRC it's a fairly garish lounge, I think it does have a kids area - maybe a TV? But effectively it's a big coffee shop with OK food (nothing special).

You're better off walking the kids around so they're ready for a sit down when you board

prettywhiteguitar Sat 18-Jun-16 20:43:26

Oh that's all really helpful thank you, we're flying from terminal 1, I looked and saw there's a giraffe cafe which I really like, I think we will just do that.

Thank you for all the advice

prettywhiteguitar Sat 18-Jun-16 20:45:03

Clayhead did you use it early morning ? I wonder if at peak holiday times when it's really busy then they are a but quieter ? We are flying at 6am so will be wandering around hopefully when it's quiet

JamieVardysParty Sat 18-Jun-16 20:51:12

Giraffe is upstairs from the main bit, so is normally a bit quieter and there are toilets up there etc.

I think there is also like an arcade type thing up there depending on how old your kids are, they might enjoy that.

Clayhead Sat 18-Jun-16 21:40:01

We used it at about 5 or 6am iirc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now