ideas of where to take two 18yr old boys

(18 Posts)
triplets Sat 11-Jun-16 01:18:28

Uk or abroad if uk need somewhere with plenty to do!

GraysAnalogy Sat 11-Jun-16 01:23:04

At 18 I would have just wanted somewhere with a good pub grin sorry that's not very helpful

triplets Sat 11-Jun-16 07:34:11

Ha ha grin

Jenijena Sat 11-Jun-16 07:36:09

Do they want to go away with you? Is it a last family holiday or a holiday for adults? What do they and you like doing?

NapQueen Sat 11-Jun-16 07:36:43

Cornwall surfing

ExtraHotLatteToGo Sat 11-Jun-16 08:07:48

Twins or DS & a friend?

You definitely mean years not months?

Sorry, it just seems like an odd question - where to take 2 lads that are pretty much adults?! Surely you just tell them where you're going and maybe ask if they want to come or ask where everyone woukd like to go on a family holiday? It's not like they're 8 and don't have any idea of the options out there.

MrsJayy Sat 11-Jun-16 08:11:24

I think its the posters sons .i think i recognise the name . Anyway what do they like to do triplets

CinderellaFant Sat 11-Jun-16 08:11:43

A cruise? We went on an informal Thomson cruise a few years back and my brother 17 loved it. Loads of places he can escape from the heat if they don't like getting too hot, loads of shows, a teen hang out area where they met up every night and played cards against humanity etc. Then different ports every day - no way they could get bored!

JeanSeberg Sat 11-Jun-16 08:11:44

We need more info - one of my sons would enjoy a city break, another an activity holiday, another a beach holiday...

ShatnersBassoon Sat 11-Jun-16 08:16:53

Will they be wanting to go off and do their own young adult things, like partying all night? That would narrow down the options.

SavoyCabbage Sat 11-Jun-16 08:23:07

It depends what they like. Some would like surfing in Portugal. Others the art galleries of Paris.

thisonethennomore Sat 11-Jun-16 08:28:24

Mine like doing things; surfing, sailing with a bit of beach lounging thrown in. They also like drinking without me.
One of our mist successful trips was when we all learned to SCUBA dive.

triplets Sat 11-Jun-16 16:16:08

Hi its difficult or us to please everybody I had thought at 18 they would not be interested in any more family holidays, like their sister! One of my boys is in the Army, just passed out from Catterick in May and is now stationed in Germany. He is home for 2 weeks leave from the 1st July-15th and its him who wants to go away..................with us! My problem is they are young 18 yr olds who love the beach, waterslides etc, going out for a beer now they are 18 but they are not party animals.................yet! We are much older parents, I am 64 and fit..touch wood, their Dad is 74 and in remission from stage 4 cancer and recently diagnosed with Parkinsons. So just something where he wont struggle. A cruise would be lovely, perfect in fact its just the cost as our budget is £600 max each. We live near Dover and the cruise ships come in there so would be perfect

MrsJayy Sat 11-Jun-16 16:21:06

A med cruise would suit everyone I think they stop so you could get off or not my friend is away atm with her 18 and 19 yr old on a cruise and they seem to be having a great time

MrsJayy Sat 11-Jun-16 16:22:47

I was going to suggest Tenerife but it's quite hilly might not be the best for your husband

DramaAlpaca Sat 11-Jun-16 16:22:54

We did a cruise when our boys were 18 & 17 and they loved it.

KellyElly Sat 11-Jun-16 16:24:57

A quieter part of Ibiza. You and your husband could relax, sunbathe and eat tapas and they could do water sports and go clubbing.

AnyFucker Sat 11-Jun-16 16:30:48

I second Ibiza. Specifically Portinatx. Not too lairy. A waterpark. Great beaches. Very pretty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now