Tenerife or somewhere else?

(4 Posts)
WhereTheFuckIsMyCunt Thu 09-Jun-16 08:04:55

Next year dd will have taken her gcses so I was thinking of making the most of the opportunity of being able to go away before school holidays.

We want somewhere warm and sunny near the sea.

We've been to Tenerife before and liked it. Part of me thinks we should go somewhere different but also our last holiday I spent 4 days out of 7 driving paragliders up mountains so I didn't have much of a holiday.

Dd would like a pool, beach and shops to mooch round. I'm happy with that but would like a bit more stuff to do. I'm quite keen on the idea of Tenerife as Id like to go whale watching and also go to the Mount Teide national park. But if there are other holiday destinations which have similar excursions I'm happy to consider those.

Don't want to go to Cape Verde Islands even though there's whale watching as ive heard its a bit quiet. Had also thought about Barcelona as I quite like cathedrals, etc and dd would love all the shops but she's going to be going with school in year 12 so probably not.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 09-Jun-16 13:40:18

If you haven't been up Mount Teide it's still worth going to Tenerife. However, I have tried 3 or 4 times to get up there but not made it yet due to bad weather or not organising passes in time.

Lanzarote? Volcano national park, camel rides, Cesar Manrique arty stuff, caves, beaches, boat trips to neighbouring islands, scuba diving, snorkelling, jet skis. Loads to do and nice beaches for relaxing.

concertplayer Tue 14-Jun-16 06:42:50

Playa de las Americas in Tenerife is cheap and hot but full of discos etc
Puerto de la Cruz is beautiful but gets cloudy.
Los Gigantes is worth a shot- quieter lovely views but still with a small
harbour. Lovely cake shop!
I agree Lanzarote is better more to do although beaches can be hit and miss- volcanic area. Puerto del Carmen is the biggest resort for great
eating out A bit hilly but there is accommodation near the beach (more
pricey) Do not go to Costa Teguise . Difficult to reach other places from.
Local buses good but you may need to change at the capital Arrecife
for some destinations. Nothing much to see in the capital btw and avoid
after dark- We found it a bit uncomfortable

WhereTheFuckIsMyCunt Tue 14-Jun-16 06:44:33

Thanks both. I will check out some Lanzarote guides.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now