Anyone been here Marina di Venezia?

(8 Posts)
ukgirlatheart Mon 06-Jun-16 11:57:36

Love Italy but never thought there was anything like this!!! Looks ideal to occupy our DS age 11.

Anyone been and what's the best time of year to go

TeaPleaseLouise Mon 06-Jun-16 12:04:26

I camped there about 10 years ago when I was a student and it looks like it's changed massively since then.

We found it a real pain to get to Venice every day, we were getting the bus and train rather than the ferry as they were much cheaper and it took up to an hour to get back and forward at times.

It'd definitely be worth checking the ferry times and prices and factoring that into your decision. We always seemed to have to cut our day short to get the last bus from what I remember.

Lotsofcamping Mon 06-Jun-16 13:06:41

We went last year during May half term and it was amazing. Not too busy, not too hot and our kids loved it. Football coaching each day, we hired bikes to explore, went to Venice for a day and spent the rest of the time in the pool or on the beach. Although it's not far from the airport, public transport can be a little difficult depending on the time of day. A taxi from Marco Polo cost 100 euros.

ukgirlatheart Mon 06-Jun-16 15:02:40

Tea Please - It's the campsite here Im on about not too fussed about going to Venice well happy to go for one day via the boat which I believe is 35 mins away.

Found out you can fly to trevissia (spell) and taxi is around 100Euros
really like the look of it

ukgirlatheart Tue 07-Jun-16 15:59:54

anyone else

Lotsofcamping Wed 08-Jun-16 10:02:46

Is there anything specific you want to know? The reviews on tripadvisor are well worth a browse. Barely anything negative

Notveryhappyvalley Thu 09-Jun-16 13:49:07

We went for a week for my 40th Birthday at May half term about 4 years ago. DS was 6.

The campsite was great, absolutely massive with a couple of restaurants, crazy golf, playgrounds etc and an enormous swimming complex (4 or 5 different pools if I remember right). One of the shops filled your 2L empty plastic water bottles with prosecco for 2 euros! The campsite leads straight onto a sandy beach. We went into Venice twice on the boat - it is pricey but was really convenient with a bus to and from the campsite gate. We didn't have problems with the times but we didn't really want to stay in Venice the evenings. The other days we mainly stayed on site and did swimming/ beach etc.

The only minor negative was the weather was slightly cool for Italy at that time of year approx 25 degrees most days with a breeze off the sea. Lovely for walking round the sites but a little cool for sitting by the pool all day long. Having said that any negative reviews we saw mentioned problems with mozzies - we didn't have any trouble probably because of the slightly cooler weather.

Overall it was a lovely holiday. It's definitely a campsite we'd go back too.

Makemineacabsauv Thu 09-Jun-16 22:14:28

My friend felt it was a bit too big. I've never been but have stayed at Camping Portofelice which is further north up the coast and absolutely amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now