How much money for a good holiday to Eurodisney and Paris with 3 kids?

(10 Posts)
ridingsixwhitehorses Thu 02-Jun-16 00:19:53

I turn 40 in 2 years and given I am one of the last of all my friends to do so and everyone will be parties out when it comes to fortieths I have got it into my head that I would like to go to Eurodisney to celebrate it.

We have three kids who will be 7, 5 and 3. I think we could wangle a day off school so go Thurs night until Sun. How much money do you think we would need to save to do it well. Not got expensive tastes but would like enough to not worry about the cost of lunch or ice creams and to be able to buy some souvenirs etc and stay in the park. Just planning ahead for saving...

Owlytellsmesecrets Thu 02-Jun-16 00:35:35

We are doing this in September !!!
Cost £1,300 for hotels and half board plus and £75 each for Eurostar. We are going Wednesday -Sunday me, DH, DS9,DS7& DD 5. We have two interconnected rooms as DS7 is disabled and morning is 2am. M
Well add another £500-600 spends on top and kids have birthdays before so have asked for cash for Disney do they can buy what they like. DD got £80 to spend . I'm looking forward to being 40 rather than dreading it!!!

Geegee4 Thu 02-Jun-16 00:39:22

We just got back- stayed over bank holiday for five days. We paid 1850 including full board at Santa Fe hotel. 2 adults, 2 kids. We only booked two weeks previously so probably got fleeced confused

Geegee4 Thu 02-Jun-16 00:41:10

Meant also to say we told each child they had €50 to spend and with that they each came away with two largish toys each and a keychain/bag tag thing...

ridingsixwhitehorses Thu 02-Jun-16 10:52:50

Oh this is helpful. So if we saved £2k we could probably do it? (I will try to put £100 away a month for it between now and then) and then any excess perhaps can be for the family other treats for me

leccybill Mon 06-Jun-16 00:16:08

We just got back. 3 nights B&B with flights from Liverpool, shuttle transfer, park tickets, airport parking, was £1100 for 3 of us. So quite cheap really.
We filled up at breakfast, made ham baguettes for lunches and ate fast food/hotel buffet for dinner.
DD bought two cuddlies, a tshirt and some little bits. We took 300E and came home with 50E!

Runningincircles Mon 06-Jun-16 00:20:48

Are you on FB? If so join Disneyland Paris For Brits. It is great for pricing up holidays, finding good deals and has great tips.

Makemineacabsauv Mon 06-Jun-16 21:45:00

Google disboards.com as they are full of advice and have a DLP forum. We've been three times, twice at a DLP hotel and once in a mobile home at a campsite just outside (was near the Disney lodge place). Best was the campsite as it was cheaper and we could escape the Disney hype at times!!! There are loads of hotels just around DLP too so you wouldn't need to drive if you were offsite. Try and book Cafe mickey for a meal as all the characters come round while you're eating which def cuts down on queuing time in the parks!

ridingsixwhitehorses Tue 07-Jun-16 06:47:15

Thanks. Great advice.

FeckinCrutches Tue 07-Jun-16 06:52:29

We went 'all out' in Feb. Premier seating on Eurostar, Disneyland Hotel, Premier dining and it cost us 4K for 3 adults/3 kids

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now