Help needed: Babysitting in Marseille France

(3 Posts)
needaholiday66 Fri 27-May-16 14:45:14

Hoping to get some advice from any MNers living in France. We're going to Marseille for a short holiday and would love to have a night out just DH and I. This is obviously incumbent on finding a trustworthy babysitter in time as we don't know anyone there.

Is there a sitters.co.uk equivalent in France? How do France-based MNers find babysitters? Is it realistically possible to find a babysitter for a night next week?

Many thanks in advance!

mummymeister Fri 27-May-16 14:50:34

would you really feel happy and confident doing this with someone that you have never met, vetted and have a language barrier with? if you are staying in a hotel then someone might be able to help there.

unfortunately this is one of the real downers of having children - they are with you 24/7 even on holiday.

its also why holidays with kids clubs are so popular. hope you find something that you are confident with.

needaholiday66 Fri 27-May-16 14:56:29

Thanks for this. It's the same as using sitters, they usually send someone I've never met before but they vet them beforehand, which is why I asked if there is an equivalent. There is no language barrier, I speak French.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now