majorca - protur safari / protur bonnair aparthotel or holiday village???

(10 Posts)
purpleleaf Sun 22-May-16 09:37:32

I am looking to book a holiday to Majorca with my dh and ds in September, ds will be 14 months then. We are looking at either Protur safari hotel, protur bonnair aparthotel or holiday village, does anyone have any recommendations from having been to any of these hotels?

PutAPlasterOn Sun 22-May-16 18:35:46

Hello. We've stayed in the Protur palmeras playa in Sa coma and are staying in the Protur vista badia this summer which is just a few minutes from the safari park one.

I would recommend the Protur hotels although haven't stayed in the Safari one. We always book direct with the hotel too. We've saved almost 1k by booking our own flights then hotel direct.

didldidi Sun 22-May-16 19:02:22

We stayed in the safari park last July and it is great for children. Good entertainment, great pools and varied food. We had a room overlooking the main pool which was lovely. Would recommend it, but Sa Coma is not much to write home about - a purpose built resort and not that attractive. The beach is ok though but there are prettier resorts.

didldidi Sun 22-May-16 19:03:08

Yes I meant to say we booked direct too, much cheaper.

purpleleaf Sun 22-May-16 21:32:37

Thank you for the tip will definately look at booking direct with the hotel now instead of going through the travel agents

Creeper Mon 23-May-16 00:00:00

We have been to Bonaire and Safari, the accommodation is exactly the same but I think the facilities are better at Bonaire (reflected in the price).

We are going back to Safari for the third time this year, we really like it. There is a lovely park with water slides/splash pool and the bigger waterpark which you have to pay extra to get in. We will pay to get into the water park to avoid the scrum for sun beds etc. It has a lovely graduated pool which is ideal for toddlers.

The rooms are really spacious and the fact that you have a kitchen with fridge and the extra space of having a lounge area is ideal for travelling with little ones.

Hersetta427 Mon 23-May-16 10:32:22

I think the HV you are in effect paying for a lot of facilities that you won't be able to use as your DC is too yound sunch as kids clubs etc. I would go with whichever you can get the cheapest as they are all excellent.

PutAPlasterOn Mon 23-May-16 12:17:44

I think I read somewhere that guests from other protur hotels can pay 10 euros each for the water park at the safari hotel. The kids tickets will include all inclusive (if you are staying all inclusive)Also, you can use any Protur hotel facilities but only eat/drink all inclusive in your hotel.

Sa coma is very quiet, no nightclubs etc but we like this especially having young children.

Misty9 Sat 28-May-16 23:32:21

We loved the bonaire with dc aged 4 and 18 months at the time. But it's not near a beach and sa coma beach was lovely and family friendly, if a little purpose built, we thought.

MintChocAddict Sat 28-May-16 23:36:30

Don't know if you've booked anything yet but agree with posters above. Holidays villages come into their own when DCs are over 3. You'll get much more for your money when they're able to participate.

Have heard good things about the Bonaire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now