Would you take a 4, 3 and 1 year old abroad?

(14 Posts)
Mrsfancyfanjango Fri 20-May-16 12:24:13

We (DP, 3 dds and I) really need a holiday.
I've been looking at the first choice holiday villages and it seems manageable, maybe?
Wouldn't attempt going until next year, dd1 starts school sept 2017 so we can take advantage of term time holidays still.

will it be more stress than it's worth? has anyone done it?

NetballHoop Fri 20-May-16 12:29:46

Go for it. We travelled with our four when they were similar ages and it was very much worth it.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 20-May-16 13:51:33

I only have 2 but we have taken them since they were tiny babies.

Mrsfancyfanjango Sat 21-May-16 08:11:26

Thank you for your responses, just need to convince DP now!

Artandco Sat 21-May-16 08:12:19

Of course. We only have two but they are a year apart and have taken both since 6-8 weeks old

Convoysandwich Sat 21-May-16 08:14:22

Definitely. We've got 3 dc and have gone abroad every year starting from when dd1 was 5 months old.

Graceymac Sat 21-May-16 08:17:02

Yes, we go each year. Have always taken dds away from a few months old. I have 3 who are now 4,6 and 7. Just go short haul and stay somewhere no too far from the airport on the other side. I always rent a villa as it is much easier that a hotel. I buy lots of things to entertain on the flight and sweets to bribe if all else fails!

GetAHaircutCarl Sat 21-May-16 08:20:19

Go for it.

We have twins and first took them away at six months for a holiday.

Mrs9C Thu 16-Jun-16 14:20:58

Absolutely! I was nervous last year about taking 4, aged between 1-9 abroad, but we went for it and it was the most amazing experience ever!

concertplayer Thu 16-Jun-16 19:17:47

I am glad you are not going this year. I know loads of people who have travelled this year and even in the lowseason there have been delays so far due to the heightened security. Not good with young children
In southern Europe children are more welcome in restaurants etc than in the UK.
It is great as if you cannot get them to sleep you can pop them in the buggy and go for a walk. Even if it is 10pm no one bats an eyelid
as it is quite normal down there. Go for it.

Hersetta427 Fri 17-Jun-16 16:06:02

Yes I would. The FC holiday villages are an excellent choice and make holidaying with kids much more manageable. The 4 and 3 yr olds could could try a few kids clubs sessions which are all included and there is a crèche for the baby which is chargeable (but reasonable) so you could grap a couple of hrs to yourself !

I have been to 5 and would say to take a look at Cyprus, kos or Majorca. Depending on when you are looking at going then the weather in Cyprus is probably the best.

budgiegirl Sun 19-Jun-16 08:55:44

I have travelled with 3 dc from when they were 3 months old. It's not exactly relaxing, but it is lovely.
If you don't mind self catering, I found renting a villa to be easiest with young kids, rather than a hotel, as if they nap during the day, or need to go to bed before you in the evening, you aren't stuck in the room with them. You can relax in the sun, or swim and still be within earshot.

pocketsized Sun 19-Jun-16 09:04:49

I think it depends if you find being away from home with them relaxing or not. If you find taking them away in the UK stressful I don't think being abroad will be suddenly fun. However, if travelling with them locally is fine, then its worth the extra distance to be "on holiday"

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 19-Jun-16 09:06:00

Yes yes yes.

We went to Portugal for a few consecutive years when they were that age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now