A week in Zante- what to pack for my (will be) 16mo?

(9 Posts)
ppandj Wed 18-May-16 15:09:59

We are booking a week in Zante in August/September. It's a package holiday, coach transfers. We will be all inclusive but will eat out still at tavernas. DS will be 16mo when we go. What do I need to take that I may not have thought about?

HemanOrSheRa Wed 18-May-16 19:22:38

I love Zante. Where are you staying, OP?

We took our first holiday abroad with DS to Zante when he was about the same age at the same time of year smile.

What are you planning on taking? I would say be prepared for it to be HOT! And all the flooring everywhere is marble, which is slippy, so make sure you pack good grippy shoes for your DS. A good quality once a day sunscreen like Ultrasun will save you lots of grief too.

Be prepared for your DS to be cuddled and generally spoilt by everybody. They adore children. DS had a ball!

ppandj Wed 18-May-16 22:24:37

We'll be in Ag. Sostis just next to Laganas (but won't venture into the party bit of Laganas).

Oh it sounds great! My DS will love all the attention smile. DP and I love Greece but neither of us have been to Zante before. In terms of swimwear for him, what would be best? Those all-in-ones or just shorts but with t-shirts? I will definitely get some good grippy shoes as DS hurtles around the place. Did your DS do ok in the heat?

HemanOrSheRa Thu 19-May-16 09:02:35

Funnily enough, DS was fine in the heat. He just wore an all in one swimsuit everyday as it was easier. You don't have to worry about the t shirt riding up or moving around and areas of skin being exposed. And it dried quickly on the balcony. I did take lots of lovely outfits for him to wear in the evenings, but in the end it was so hot I just put him in a nappy and an all in one vest top most nights to keep him cool.

Make sure you and your DP put your sun screen on too! We got into the routine of doing all that stuff in our room before breakfast as once DS got outside there was no stopping him!

Pack loads of muslin cloths too. We used them for all sorts of things and they rinse and dry really quickly.

ppandj Sun 22-May-16 16:26:28

Thanks heman I showed DP your reply and we booked it last night. I'm really excited! We are flying with Jet2 so have 44kg of hold luggage and 20kg hand luggage. This is my list so far-

Stroller with parasol/shade
Nappies
Wipes
Formula?? (If DS is still drinking it)
Vests
Couple of outfits for DS (all lightweight)
Sunsafe all in ones
Muslin cloths
Hats
Sun screen
Toys and books?

Any other ideas very welcome!

JuxtapositionRecords Sun 22-May-16 16:33:21

I would pack some toddler snacks for the holiday, can be hard to find toddler snacks abroad.

HemanOrSheRa Sun 22-May-16 16:45:11

Mosquito repellant! We took little bands impregnated with mozzie repellant and put it on DS's ankle. Take a plug in for the room too.

I'd try and get your DS onto milk in time for your holiday. Much easier! I think you could probably get formula there be it would be expensive and might not be a brand you know.

I'd take an inflatable rubber ring for the pool too. Or get one there.

Calpol!

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sun 22-May-16 16:51:54

First aid stuff
Nappies - I would buy there but swim nappies (disposable ones to go under swimming shorts) I would take lots of
Something for heat rash
Hats
Sunshade tent

ppandj Sun 22-May-16 21:42:37

Brilliant suggestions, thank you all. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now