ideas for family holiday - kids and multiple grandparents

(5 Posts)
Bobcat15 Thu 12-May-16 10:07:11

I need some ideas for a European holiday destination in September. We've done southern Spain to death and although it's somewhere very close to my heart I feel like I want a break from it this year - likewise for Mallorca which we've also visited recently. So, any suggestions for somewhere with direct flights from Gatwick (max 3 - 3.5 hours away), still warm mid-late Sept and that can offer a good choice of villas and nice beaches? Not into busy resorts or activities, we just want somewhere fairly quiet with some nice local places to eat out. We'll be hiring a villa with private pool, hopefully with enough space to accommodate me, DH, 2 DC's (ages 18 months and 4 yrs), IL's and my mum comfortably but we don't really want to spend more than £180 per night so can't be anywhere that's too expensive. Suggestions gratefully received!

ImNotReallyHere Thu 12-May-16 11:26:24

How about Croatia? We've stayed in some lovely villas there, weather will still be good and as they don't use the euro, the cost of living there is considerably cheaper than place like the South of France. We found it very child friendly.

Bobcat15 Thu 12-May-16 19:00:48

Thanks, I had thought about Croatia. Will add to the shortlist!

nancy75 Thu 12-May-16 19:06:01

We are going to Malta this summer, can't actually recommend as we haven't been yet but it looks nice

Tam2016 Sat 21-May-16 20:51:01

Crete would be my choice. We stayed in a villa on the west of the island and it was very reasonable. Take a look - www.spitikissamos.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now