Provence/South of France with baby

(6 Posts)
shalalala Mon 25-Apr-16 14:19:39

We are considering taking our 4 month old baby (due in 2 weeks!) on holiday in Sept - perhaps to Provence. Has anyone been that can give me some tips and does this sound ok with a 4 month old?

ChoccyJules Mon 25-Apr-16 14:27:44

We took our DD at 8 months, a bit older I know. My advice would be see if you are allowed to take your own carseat as the one in the hire car was scary. Since then we have always taken our own whenever we go to Europe (but not sure about the young baby ones and if they'd be ok getting chucked around in the hold?).

EvaDelectorskaya Mon 25-Apr-16 21:21:47

I would second the advice above, our rented car seat put us off unnecessary driving in Spain last year, will definitely bring our own next time. I can't advise on the south of France but will be watching this thread with interest as I'm looking for a holiday with DS16mos in September.
Had a lovely holiday with DS5months in Spain last October though.

shalalala Mon 25-Apr-16 21:24:33

Thanks choccy

shalalala Mon 25-Apr-16 21:24:52

And eva, where did you go in Spain?

Sandgroper Thu 28-Apr-16 14:47:31

Hi

We did this a lot with our DS from 5 months on, though we mainly drove down from the tunnel. Can recommend Baby Friendly boltholes and Tots to Travel for accommodation. They have all the baby gear at the other end and have some amazing places and very helpful.

Lucky that you can go in September, weather not as hot as Aug nor nearly as crowded - those were the days before we were at the mercy of school holidays!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now