Going to Como with kids - any tips?

(3 Posts)
TrainBridge Sat 23-Apr-16 14:18:29

We're off to Como (on Lake Como) in early June. Has anyone been there with primary age kids (5 and 8) and can recommend any trips / restaurants / activities / playgrounds / swimming pools? I'm looking online, but I'd love a personal recommendation, too.

LIZS Sat 23-Apr-16 14:25:52

Don't take the bus around the lake , the roads are twisty and narrow but drivers still drive fast, one man was ill on the bus and Ds threw up on arrival in Como. The "Star Wars" villa is lovely and quirky. There is a funicular ride just outside Como which offers a vantage point and small hamlet with restaurant etc. By the ferry piers there is a park with water fountains kids can play in. If you have a car go over to lake Lugano , Swiss Miniature used to fascinate Ds, Foxtown is an outlet mall just on the Italian/Swiss border, and Lugano itself is a pleasant town.

TrainBridge Sat 23-Apr-16 14:29:20

We won't have a car, so not taking the bus is a useful tip. And I have a small Star Wars fan, so I'm going to google that. The water fountains sound brilliant, they've always wanted to play in some but it's usually too cold here. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now