Anyone been to Holiday Village Rhodes?

(6 Posts)
Titsywoo Mon 18-Apr-16 22:00:15

Just booked for October half term - managed to get a family swim up room in the deluxe area as DS is autistic and the only rooms showing as available were in the louder activity area. Turns out they hold rooms back so after lots of phone calls we managed to get an upgrade. Anyone been and did you enjoy it? DC will be 9 and 12 but they have agreed the 12 year old can join DS in the kids club.

It's out first family holiday by ourselves (been away once with my parents) and we are really looking forward to it but a bit worried it won't live up to the hype - it was very expensive!

islandmummy Mon 18-Apr-16 22:02:36

We went last year and loved it. There's a Facebook group for it which is worth joining for good tips x

Titsywoo Mon 18-Apr-16 22:09:20

Fab thanks, just requested to join the group - how did you find the food and entertainment?

I went there at the very end is season for my work conference and it was great then so can only imagine it would be brilliant when everything's open. I was in a deluxe family swim up and the rooms are lovely, but not huge. The food was really good for AI with loads of choice, breakfast was particularly good. No entertainment on for us by the hotel but from what I've heard from others it's ok, nothing amazing but standard hotel entertainment.

It's expensive for good reason OP, by far the best holiday village. I've booked the Aeneas in Cyprus by the same chain and it was £££ but I've been to a few Atlantica hotels before and they've all been fab, definitely worth paying a bit extra for.

Stepawayspa Tue 07-Jun-16 13:00:45

Just back and don't worry it is amazing.

We stayed in swim up Delux and had room 4501. Had sun all day and was on the end of the row so only one set of neighbours. Also a nice distance from the bar.

My main tip is the airport lounge. With kids you really have to do it as its cooler, quieter and calmer than having to do the main airport. Do not book through the travel agents though. they will charge you x3. Just book Swissport Lounge directly with someone like FHR and pay £22 per head (free for kids).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now