Aparthotel in Balearics on a nice beach?

(23 Posts)
TeamEponine Wed 13-Apr-16 10:25:08

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good and family friendly holiday for us?

We are after an aparthotel with either a 1 or 2 bed apartment with basic cooking facilities (DD has CMPI so we still have to deal with preparing formula, etc).

Ideally on or very close to a nice beach. Happy with either half board or AI. Family friendly with kids pool and playground type things for our 18mo DD.

In terms of the resort, we like quite authentic and chilled out places with plenty of places to walk around and things to see. We absolutely love the west side of Playa Blanca in Lanzarote, so somewhere with a similar feel to it would be perfect.

We were thinking of the Balearics as the weather should be quite nice when we are planning on going (end of May) and the flight times are quite good. Other destination recommendations would be fab too though.

I have spent hours and hours searching, and nothing seems quite right yet.

Budget is ideally up to £750 each for a 10 night break, but could stretch to £1k for the perfect place.

Thanks!

MrsJayy Wed 13-Apr-16 10:32:31

Ponent playa in cala dor in majlorca was lovely and had a little beach attached not sure about the aparthotel though

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 13-Apr-16 10:38:58

Bellevue Aparthotel in Alcudia, Majorca.
One of the best holidays I have ever had. The complex is the size of a village, with an excellent buffet restaurant as well as al a carte dining. They have a sports bar too that serves bar snacks all day. There are numerous accommodation blocks scattered around the complex. Some of them are just hotel rooms, others (the ones we have stayed in) are small apartments. The apartment blocks are only two floors, and each block has its own pool with a bar.
There is a small canal that comes off of the sea running through the middle of the complex from which a small boat offers rides to the beach at regular intervals throughout the day.
There is a gigantic outdoor amphitheatre that offers excellent evening entertainment, a small funfair out the back of that for children.
There is also a tennis court and go-kart track towards the rear of the complex.
A short walk from the front gate is a strip of shops, bars and restaurants - lots of choice! And about 5-10 minutes walk is the town centre.
We thoroughly enjoyed our holidays there smile

littlequestion Wed 13-Apr-16 11:57:09

Also in Acludia, the Iberostar Ciudad Blanca right on the beach

TeamEponine Wed 13-Apr-16 13:57:08

Thanks all!

MrsJayy - that looks lovely, but they just have standard hotel rooms. With a DD that is a bad sleeper and early riser (5am!) we really need a separate bedroom and lounge so that we can take turns at having a lie in!

MyBreadIsEggy - I LOVE your username grin I had looked at that one, but the reviews are awful. Averaging 2.5 on TripAdvisor! How long ago was it that you went there?

little question - Oh, you could be the winner! A little pricier that we were initially looking at to get good flight times, but I'm very tempted.

Still open to any other suggestions...

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 13-Apr-16 14:16:52

Was about 7 years ago....maybe it's gone downhill since then confused <toddles off to look on trip advisor>

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 13-Apr-16 14:21:21

Just read a review and sounds a lot different to when I was there.....Ignore my previous bigging up of the place!! Sounds like people have it good reviews, then they had lots more people going there, and they couldn't handle the amount of guests booking!!

elvisola Wed 13-Apr-16 14:30:50

Aparthotel Playa Mar in Puerto Pollensa. They do studios or 1 bedroom, all rooms have kitchenette and I think Thomson give you a choice of S/C, H/B or AI.

Puerto Pollensca is gorgeous, you can walk the pine walk in the evening and there's a lovely atmosphere. Lots of child friendly restaurants. We went 5 years ago with a 2 year old and it was perfect, trip advisor reviews still seem to be good.

TeamEponine Wed 13-Apr-16 15:11:58

MyBreadIsEggy - It sounded so perfect from your description, but the TripAdvisor reviews have put me off I'm afraid.

elvisola - I had looked at and liked that one, but the flight times through Thompson were shite. I might look into whether I can book the flight and hotel separately now that you've recommended it though grin

elvisola Wed 13-Apr-16 15:20:39

Also have a look at Viva Can Picafort. Or actually all of the Viva hotels are meant to be good. Great for little kids and the food great.

Thomson have dropped it now but you can still book through lots of operators. Playa Mar just has the edge as its closer to the beach.

GetHappy Wed 13-Apr-16 20:34:49

Second to the Playa Mar - went last September with DD who was 20 months and was perfect for her.

Agree with flight times too as weren't the best last year

GetHappy Wed 13-Apr-16 20:35:54

Puerto Pollensa is a beautiful place too - highly recommend!

Purplerainbow2 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:40:03

Inturotel cala d'or in Majorca. I went 2 years ago with dc. We stayed in the apart hotel, next to the beach, could self cater or half board (we did both) couple of pools, kids club, amaaaaaazing food that was always checked and changed often. Staff are amazing, speak English and love kids.

BlackeyedPetitsPois Wed 13-Apr-16 20:42:31

Hotel Valentin Son Bou in Menorca. They have 1 bed apartments as well as rooms. Board is half or AI. Short courtesy shuttle bus to beach every 15 mins from hotel. 2 outdoor pools ( one for kids) and one indoor pool. Buffet style restaurant. Standard evening entertainment for kids and adults. Also has kids club onsite.
Great little hotel. We've been several times now.

ItsJustAnotherUsername Wed 13-Apr-16 20:50:55

Second inturotel cala d'or. You can go s/c, half or full board. The beaches are stunning and great for little ones and the resort is very family friendly.

Purplerainbow2 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:52:11

I want to go to inturotel in May half term aswell! Just trying to persuade dh!

TeamEponine Thu 14-Apr-16 09:19:52

There seems to be a few Inturotel's in cala d'or - I can't quite work it all out! Any hints and tips for which one to look at and how they differ?

Purplerainbow2 Thu 14-Apr-16 09:54:56

Team it is all one place really, just located next door to each other. On their website on the drop down menu have a look at azul apart hotel. These are the apparyments. Has its own amazing restaurant on ground floor, 2 pools, pool bar, park etc, the others are a 2 minute walk, the hotels, other pools. In apart hotels you can use the hotel facilities where the kids club and other pool and evening entertainment is.

littlequestion Thu 14-Apr-16 10:08:38

Team, we booked directly with the Ciudad Blanca last year but prices have gone up a lot so it's pricey this year. Follow Iberostar Hotels Eng on twitter and scroll down to Jan 5 - there's a 10% off code.

ItsJustAnotherUsername Thu 14-Apr-16 13:07:59

I stayed in the cala azul park gardens which are about a minute away from the main cala azul park as I didn't want to be kept awake next to the entertainment area. The restaraunt is in the cala azul park. The gardens are lovely and quieter. The whole place is kept scrupulously clean.

TeamEponine Fri 15-Apr-16 12:54:35

Thanks all! DH and I are going to take a good look through these and then try to book something over the weekend grin

SingingSands Fri 15-Apr-16 13:05:50

www.sirenishotels.com/en/ibiza-hotels/sirenis-seaview-country-club/

This is great, in Ibiza. There is a gorgeous little beach next to the hotel that doesn't get stupidly busy in high season (and has the best beach bar). There is a mini water park, shops, little supermarket and restaurants here.

My friend lives just round from the beach, here's the view from the beach bar!

TeamEponine Fri 15-Apr-16 13:35:41

Oh, now that one does look lovely - it's added to the shortlist!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now