Anyone been to Cala Llonga?

(5 Posts)
backonthewagon Fri 01-Apr-16 21:32:48

Does it fit what we want?

Things we want:

To be in walking distance of a resort with family stuff, playgrounds etc
A promenade to walk along on an evening with a few family friendly bars.
Sandy beach with shallow water. No sudden inclines and drops.
Spanish shops to have a mooch around.

What we don't want:

"Blackpool abroad" type places.
Shops selling tacky souvieners.
English bars with karaeoke, sports on TV and full english breakfasts.
Loads of nightclubs for the 18-30 crowd.
Beach right by the main road.

cupcakesandwine Fri 01-Apr-16 23:14:16

Hi sorry, there are several Cala Llongas across Spain and the Balearics. Which one are you thinking of?

backonthewagon Fri 01-Apr-16 23:22:50

I was referring to Ibiza but see there is one in Menorca too which is also an area we are interested so either of those.

Behooven Sat 02-Apr-16 17:39:26

The one in Ibiza is small and pretty, not Blackpoolish, quieter than its bigger neighbours Es Cana and Santa Eulalia. No promenade iirc and very few shops.

cupcakesandwine Sat 02-Apr-16 21:30:28

Cala Llonga on Ibiza is a great beach in my view and one of our favourites. It has good sand and calm waters, lots of beach umbrellas, very child friendly (has loos), has canoes and pedals for hire and a couple of beach cafes.

There are a couple of streets of shops including a supermarket and a couple more cafe/restaurants, but it's not huge. Very few Ibiza beaches are big though and they don't really go in for promenades. They all tend to be small bays with the exception of Ses Salines which is a long beach, but again no promenade.

If you want a bit more action and a promenade I'd suggest Santa Eulalia as a base.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now