Flying with Ryanair - reserving seats. I could do with some help!

(9 Posts)
BogeyNights Thu 31-Mar-16 10:50:57

Hi, we are flying to Italy next week with Ryanair hmm I have accessed our booking, we have a flight there and a return flight (funnily enough). I am able to reserve seats for the outbound flight, but can't seem to do the same for the return flight.

Anyone out there done this before and can guide me through?? please??

I've tried Ryanair 'online chat' but 'no operators are available' at 10.50 in the morning. On a Thursday. Obviously!

Help!

whattodoforthebest2 Thu 31-Mar-16 10:56:14

Hi, I'm going to Italy on Saturday for 3 days - snap!
Back to the point, not sure about Ryanair, but maybe once you've clicked your seats outbound it'll give you a chance to reserve on the return? Or have you checked in for both flights? If not check in for the return flight now and see if you can reserve your seats then.
Hope that helps.

MegCleary Thu 31-Mar-16 10:57:15

They are really great on Twitter

BogeyNights Thu 31-Mar-16 11:07:23

Oh Ok i'll try checking in for both flights - that sounds logical. I'll try later. I've got to nip out now! Thanks whattodoforthebest
Failing that, I shall try twitter - thanks Meg

Hersetta427 Thu 31-Mar-16 12:18:02

I think you can only do it 7 days before so maybe your return flight is not in that time limit yet.

BogeyNights Thu 31-Mar-16 13:11:49

Hersetta another good and logical point. I'm feeling less stupid now smile

whattodoforthebest2 Thu 31-Mar-16 17:01:23

Look at seatguru.com - apparently you can check in for both flights now and reserve your seats. Have a great time.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 31-Mar-16 21:19:46

You can't check in for the return flight until 7 days in advance unless you pay for 'early' check in.

The cynic in me thinks that this is to force encourage people going for a week or more to pay to check in on the return flight at least because they want to get it all sorted before they go away.

BogeyNights Fri 01-Apr-16 10:53:32

Hurray! went online this morning, managed to book seats for there and back, so now I am all ready (bar the packing!). Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and advice xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now