recommendations for accommodation in Seville

(18 Posts)
lazysummer Tue 29-Mar-16 16:43:15

Can anyone recommend a central hotel or Airbnb in Seville? We are there (as a couple) end of May/ beginning of June and would like a roof terrace or balcony. Thank you.

weegiemum Tue 29-Mar-16 17:53:18

watching ! we are holidaying in Andalusia in july and hope to go overnight to Seville!!

whataboutbob Tue 29-Mar-16 18:36:39

I have stayed in Hostal Simon a couple of times. Nice rooms, nice staff and there's a central courtyard, Andalusian style. It is not as plush as some other places such as the Casas the la Juderia (haven't stayed there) but it's well situated and reasonably priced.

tigerdriverII Tue 29-Mar-16 18:54:26

We've just been staying at the Dona Maria: a bit old fashioned but great location and they have a nice roof terrace with a great view and a tiny pool.

lazysummer Wed 30-Mar-16 10:10:09

Thank you. I will look at these recommendations.

MissMillament Wed 30-Mar-16 10:11:26

Another vote for the Dona Maria. Lovely hotel close to the cathedral and the rooftop terrace is stunning.

lazysummer Fri 01-Apr-16 11:29:29

Thanks very much. Is Hostal Simon a hotel? It looks like one!

BarbaraofSeville Fri 01-Apr-16 12:05:57

I think a Hostal in Spain is generally a B&B/guesthouse type place - some will be indistinguishable from small hotels. They aren't hostels, if that's what you're worried about.

(Don't take anything from the username, I don't live there unfortunately - we did have a few days there last year, which were marvellous but it was very hot).

Have a look on Channel 4 for the Travel Man programme on Seville from a couple of weeks ago - I can't believe we missed that setas sculpture thing.

lazysummer Fri 01-Apr-16 15:10:37

Thanks. I did see the Travel Man. We had booked into the same hotel, and worried about no windows in our budget room, hence the thread!

whataboutbob Fri 01-Apr-16 17:41:47

No, although it sounds lie it's a hostel it isn't. It's really a conventional hotel, with individual rooms over 2 or 3 floors around an internal courtyard.

lazysummer Sat 02-Apr-16 15:00:28

Thanks to all for the advice.

ComingtoKent Tue 05-Apr-16 20:59:04

I stayed in the hotel featured on Travel Man in March. We had a Gran deluxe room which is one level above the cheapest option and it was lovely - looked into an internal courtyard. I would recommend the hotel, it was lovely - excellent staff. Expensive breakfast at 25 euros each, but plenty of cheaper options close by. It was very central but in a quiet narrow street. Seville is fab - have fun!

lazysummer Wed 06-Apr-16 14:14:25

Thank you. I will look at the room choice for the hotel we have provisionally booked. I do fancy a roof terrace/ pool though.

whataboutbob Thu 07-Apr-16 15:17:54

Hotel breakfasts in Spain are weird. You can go a few yards and find a nice cafe for a fresh breakfast in most spanish cities, and if you opt for the hotel breakfast you pay 3 times that for a stale roll, with jam, olive oil and honey packaged in those little plastic containers.

Guitargirl Thu 07-Apr-16 15:23:00

I stayed in Vincci La Rabida - 'twas lovely! <fantasises about going back>

Guitargirl Thu 07-Apr-16 15:23:40

There was a restaurant on the roof.

lazysummer Sun 10-Apr-16 18:50:29

Guitargirl, that does look lovely!

Drinksforeveryone Sun 10-Apr-16 19:09:10

Just jumping on this thread.

Does anyone know which airlines fly to Seville from The North i.e. Manchester, Leeds Bradford, Liverpool or nearby ?

I really want to visit Seville, but struggle to find any direct flights from our local airports - I don't really want to have to drive 4 hours to London airports for a short rreak in Spain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now