Holiday advice, please help!

(13 Posts)
ReallyConfusedDotCom Sat 26-Mar-16 20:08:51

Hi

I need some advice please. I have some savings and hoping to go on holiday in October. I have only been abroad twice in my life. I'm just not sure where to go? What about Paphos, Cyprus, I have found a reasonable priced hotel, any feedback?

It's just me and my 12 year old daughter and I really want to get it right as we don't usually get a chance to have a holiday. Also, the school have a slightly different half term to other schools, so hoping to get a good deal.

sallyjuliet Sat 26-Mar-16 20:16:47

Madeira is lovely. Lots to do, reasonably priced and lovely weather!

ReallyConfusedDotCom Sat 26-Mar-16 20:41:08

Thanks Sally, Madeira looks lovely, the flights look a little expensive. But I will keep having a look into it.

ivykaty44 Sat 26-Mar-16 20:44:56

October I would head due south to get better weather

Canary islands or Portugal

Ihatefootball Sat 26-Mar-16 20:50:09

Pathos is lovely but VERY hot. Lots to do for kids and people very nice.

ReallyConfusedDotCom Sat 26-Mar-16 21:05:03

Thanks for the replies. Will check the Canary Islands and Portugal out. Pathos seems to cool down alot in November. We would like it to be hot but not unbearably hot.

BarbaraofSeville Sun 27-Mar-16 11:30:45

Lanzarote is lovely, relatively affordable and lots to see and do in addition to the normal beach/pool thing.

chipsandpeas Sun 27-Mar-16 12:04:54

paphos will be high 20s, sometimes low 30s in october - cooler at night tho - still lovely for sunbathing

i love cyprus been to paphos a few times, loads to see and do

what is the hotel

donajimena Sun 27-Mar-16 12:08:51

Costa del sol is around 22 - 28 in October. Its good value too

ReallyConfusedDotCom Sun 27-Mar-16 12:30:56

Thanks again. I will have a look at Lanzarote and Costa del so. I am very interested in Paphos as the hotel looks lovely and cheap with good reviews. It's a little out the way, but there is a bus and things seem to be in walking distance. It's called King Evelthon Beach Hotel.

chipsandpeas Sun 27-Mar-16 12:56:30

buses run frequently into town - the harbour is a few mins walk from the bus station and also close to a debenhams and a big supermarket
the tomb of the kings road is pretty much all hotels and shops some are tat but theres also likes of mcdonalds, kfc etc as well as resturants and bars
tomb of the kings itself is ok its worth a look

at the other side of town theres a waterpark, the bus goes there as well - ive never been so cant say how good it is

BloodyDogHairs Sun 27-Mar-16 13:05:57

Salou! Not sure how hot it would be but there is a good themepark and you can book bus tours for Barcelona Zoo, shopping etc.

ReallyConfusedDotCom Sun 27-Mar-16 15:33:07

Thanks, I've been having a look and Paphos does seem to be be in my price range. The weather doesn't look too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now