Eurocamp/Canvas or similar in Croatia (or other countries) with sandy beach

(6 Posts)
snowgirl1 Thu 24-Mar-16 11:19:06

Could anyone recommend a Eurocamp/Canvas holidays/Roan site in Croatia (but open to other countries) that has a sandy beach?

We've been with Canvas to a site in the South of France and to Lake Garda. Looking for somewhere different and thought Croatia would be nice. I'd really like somewhere that is close to a nice sandy beach for DD (age 4) to play on. Can anyone recommend a nice site?

Makemineacabsauv Thu 31-Mar-16 22:46:08

Camping Portofelice near Venice is perfect! And if you have a handy pair of binoculars you can zoom in on the Croatian coast across the sea! It is honestly one of the best campsites we've ever been to. Beautiful sandy beach, 4 pools (iirc), great supermarket and restaurant with lots of activities on which are not 'in your face'. It's only a 5 min walk to the town of Eraclea Mare which is lovely. Bus stop right outside which takes you to Caorle (beautiful town with a fab family friendly water park), Venice and other destinations. We loved it so much we went back twice!

snowgirl1 Thu 31-Mar-16 23:58:37

Thanks, I'll look at that site. I think binoculars might be the best way to 'see' Croatia (until DD is a bit older) as it looks like all the beaches are pebbly.

Makemineacabsauv Fri 01-Apr-16 20:24:16

Yeah that's what put us off Croatia too. The beach at Portofelice is beautiful, clean, beautiful sands and shelves gently into the sea so dead safe for kids. There's an area belong to the campsite which is well organised and you can hire sub loungers but if you walk along for a minute or 2 you get to a free area where you can put down towel, put up sun tent etc. just looked at the website and looks like they've done more work on it since we were there - didn't need it but it makes me want to go back! http://www.portofelice.it/en/

Florabella Sun 03-Apr-16 15:21:22

That looks really interesting. Other than Venice, are there other things worth visiting nearby for a few day trips?

Makemineacabsauv Sun 10-Apr-16 19:34:20

Sorry I didn't get back to you, been away with no wifi!! Yes you can get a bus to Caorle which is a lovely town and has a water park, and via San Dona Di Piave you can get to Verona. There are loads of other resorts and towns that are on the bus route into Venice too (and other water parks but we preferred the one in Caorle). You can also walk into Eraclea Mare which is lovely. Some friends hired a car and drove up to the Italian Lakes but we didn't bother doing that! Kids e joyed the campsite and beach so much we stayed there most days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now