Luxury with small DCs?

(11 Posts)
LostAtTheFair Sat 19-Mar-16 09:12:17

We are looking for a holiday destination in France or Spain which offers a bit of luxury while catering for small DCs (DC1 is 2 and DC2 is 4 months). Needs to be near a major airport or port. We would like somewhere adjacent to a beach with a promenade and which offers all inclusive packages.

airhostess Sun 20-Mar-16 13:32:53

Exactly what I'm looking for! Following!

Hersetta427 Mon 21-Mar-16 11:41:55

Not many all inclusive resorts in France. I would take a look at the sensatori resort hotels (Thomson) as they offer luxury for you plus crèche facilities with all UK trained staff. Not sure there is one in Spain though.

LostAtTheFair Tue 22-Mar-16 08:27:15

Thanks Hersetta

mummymeister Tue 22-Mar-16 14:33:10

It all depends on whether your definition of luxury is going to include a kids club or child minding service as well. Most wont as they are too young but there are a few out there that will.

LostAtTheFair Tue 22-Mar-16 22:17:39

Ideally, yes there would be a kids club or at least some kids' facilities such as a playroom

mothersdaughter Sun 27-Mar-16 20:38:39

What about sensatori Ibiza? http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/ibiza/cala-tarida/hotels/sensatori-resort-ibiza.html

HappyAsASandboy Sun 27-Mar-16 20:50:01

I recommend sensatori. We've been to the Tenerife one (absolutely stunning but no beach) and the Crete one (still great, but no so wow as Tenerife, but has a beach) and would love love love to go back. We went with 11 month old twins (Tenerife), then to Crete when they were 18 months and Tenerife again when they were 23 months. Then they turned two and we've been camping ever since!

The kids club has a baby nursery, or you can go to stay and play if you don't want to leave them. The nursery is quite expensive, while the kids club for older ones is free.

ShinyShinyShiny Sun 27-Mar-16 20:57:05

I also recommend Sensatori. Whilst I can't directly compare it to what I considered luxury pre-DS it certainly ticked all the boxes for going abroad with a toddler.

mothersdaughter Sun 27-Mar-16 21:45:36

We've done sensatori three times, Crete twice and also Turkey.

Really geared up to families but has a luxury touch, excellent food and good facilities.

storminabuttercup Tue 29-Mar-16 19:43:08

How about Greece? The Mitsis chain hotels we have been to are very good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now