I'm stuck for somewhere to go...

(11 Posts)
Behooven Fri 18-Mar-16 17:22:26

Family with older teenagers looking for something a bit special this year. A lovely hotel in walking distance to a buzzy town is what we'd love. Our worst nightmare is an all inclusive/big busy/ queue for breakfast/ up at stupid o'clock to bag a sunbed type of place which seems to be the raison d'être of Thomsons and the like. Any ideas?

SJane45S Fri 18-Mar-16 18:25:58

Nice. They've spent a fortune on revamping the town and having gone 2 years ago, we loved it! The old town is full of great shops/cafe's/bars and it has a great friendly international vibe without feeling over touristy. The flights only about an hour and EasyJet and Norwegian do great value flights. You don't need a pool - swim in the sea on the beach or take a 15 (I think!) train to Villefranche. Airbnb has some good value apartments - would recommend staying in the Old Town. The train station is pretty central and there are frequent trains to Cannes, Monte Carlo etc. You can also be over the border by train in Italy in an hour 20/30 - Sanremo is good for a day. Highly recommend it - it has a great buzz & vibe so your teenagers should enjoy it as much as you!

Behooven Fri 18-Mar-16 19:19:26

That's a good idea! I hadn't considered SoF before, thank you.

Madbengalmum Fri 18-Mar-16 19:23:05

Sicily, outskirts of Taormina, everything inc lovely restaurants things to see in walking distance. It is stunning.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Fri 18-Mar-16 19:30:35

Croatia - Dubrovnik and some boat trips to visit a couple of islands.

SquadGoals Fri 18-Mar-16 19:39:47

We went to Corsica a few years ago and loved it. We stayed in a villa in Ajaccio which was close enough to the town but also quiet enough for us to stay and chill by the pool.

Nightlife and restaurants are good.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 18-Mar-16 20:10:24

Carvoeiro in the Algarve? I live here so am a bit biased smile but it's quite a small resort but with lots of bars and restaurants, through the summer there's usually live music on the square by the beach each evening. There's a thread on here that I started at the beginning of last summer which might give you a feel for the place?

Behooven Fri 18-Mar-16 20:50:41

Great ideas, thank you all.
I will be having a lovely Google tonight smile

costa We actually have already been to Carvoira already and loved it - been along different parts of the Algarve 5 times!

Makemineacabsauv Sat 19-Mar-16 22:22:28

Skiathos is perfect but you'd need to be 5 mins out of town for the beach! Crete - look at Stallis as its good for families but older teens can access McD's, Subway and other teenage needs in the neighbouring teen resorts of Malia and Hersonissos. Kassiopi in Corfu, but that's a pebble beach. Roda in Corfu has a lovely beach no promenade though but lovely restaurants and there are a couple of bars etc that might suit your DC.

Behooven Sat 19-Mar-16 23:04:57

Thanks Make for the extra suggestions.
Roda! Blast from my past - that's where I had my honeymoon first time round, lovely lovely memory shame about the ex though wink

Makemineacabsauv Thu 31-Mar-16 22:48:40

lol! My ex has put me off St Lucia even though it was an amazing place !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now