Recommendations Please - Sporty European Holidays with Young DC

(5 Posts)
Theonlyoneiknow Thu 17-Mar-16 15:48:39

Hi!

I'm been on google and am bamboozled by what's on offer. This is our first family holiday for 3 years so I'd forgotten how hard it is to decide what to do. DH and I are both very sporty active people and having a 3 and 6yrs old. Ideally looking for AI for somewhere that isn't too expensive to eat out, with a nice beach for the DC to play on.

Any suggestions gratefully received! I would love to go Club Med but I don't think our budget will stretch to that in the school holidays sad

mouldycheesefan Thu 17-Mar-16 16:50:34

Neilsons holidays. Very sporty cycling, tennis, yoga, fitness, sailing, windsurfing, water skiing, wakeboarding etc. Fantastic kids facilities they have them out in the water every day and you get to have child free time to do your sports rather than taking it in turns. ! whilst your kids learn t no is or sailing yes even the three year old.
My kids absolutely loved it and so did we, we went three times. Highly recommend it.

langlandgirl Sun 20-Mar-16 19:56:14

Another vote for Neilsons - will def be going back in the teens years.

Theonlyoneiknow Sun 20-Mar-16 20:31:02

Thanks ! Any resort in particular worth recommending ?

snowgirl1 Mon 21-Mar-16 10:59:13

We went with Neilson's last year and would go with them again. We went to Sivota Beachclub Retreat in Greece. Lots of sporty stuff for us adults to do, a kids club for DD and all meals included except, I think, 2 or 3 evening meals a week which meant we could try out some of the local restaurants. They even offered a pyjama club on some of these evenings so DH & I had a meal out alone, which was nice. The kids club was amazing - they had DD (3.5) out on windsurfers (with an instructor in control, of course!), sailing boats, speed boats, paddleboards, feeding the local tortoises. As DD isn't school age, we went just outside school holidays, so I can't comment on what the price is like during holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now