Help with Portugal please

(16 Posts)
WeLoveHaribo Tue 08-Mar-16 20:23:06

I'm looking at Portugal in July/Aug summer school holidays. Family of 4, children 4&7.
Never been before but fancied a change.
Pref near to beach, cafes/restaurants, short walks..
Poss evening entertaintment (children like the disco!)
Pool- slides maybe...
Not too busy/loud/rowdy.. But not secluded.
Sorry for long list!
Where have you been or what area do you recommend?
Thank you.

harridan50 Tue 08-Mar-16 20:26:12

Carvoeiro

skinnyamericano Tue 08-Mar-16 20:28:49

Carvoeiro!

rainbowmagic1974 Tue 08-Mar-16 20:42:22

We stayed in a lovely apartment near Lagos. Fab holiday.

WeLoveHaribo Wed 09-Mar-16 11:42:46

Thank you, Carvoeiro was one of the places I'd looked at; but seems some hotels are out on own....
Can you recommend a hotel/apartment, close enough to beach and restaurants/centre.
Thanks

naffedoff Fri 11-Mar-16 20:22:56

Take a look at Quinta do Paraiso
www.quinta-do-paraiso.pt/en/index.php

It would be great for your DC, and not too far to walk to/from the centre, with restaurants and bars on site or en route to town.

WeLoveHaribo Sat 12-Mar-16 08:29:14

Thanks naff I'll take a look..

Costacoffeeplease Sat 12-Mar-16 08:54:32

I live in Carvoeiro, walking distance of the beach/shops/restaurants are -
Some parts of Quinta do Paraiso as it's quite big
Vila Nova
Monte Carvoeiro
Monte Dourado
Colina Branca
Colina Verde
Areias dos Moinhos
Algar Seco

Hotels - Carvoeiro Sol, Mirachoro Praia, Tivoli Almansor

There's a thread on here that I started last year and went on all summer which might help you get a feel for the place and I'm happy to answer any questions on locations or anything else really smile

skinnyamericano Sat 12-Mar-16 16:03:20

costa I love Algar Seco (not stayed but been for lunch many times). Happy memories!

Costacoffeeplease Sat 12-Mar-16 16:34:01

grin we had an early dinner there yesterday just before sunset, just beautiful

mollyonthemove Sat 12-Mar-16 16:48:12

We are coming back to Lagos on the 22nd Costa. How's the weather looking ?? grin

frillyfairylights Sat 12-Mar-16 16:53:30

We normally spend ages searching for the perfect place for our summer holiday, however this year I stumbled upon the website for Algar Seco Parque. I cannot tell you how excited I was when I read through everything, it looks like the perfect holiday destination for us, and I've been wanting to go to carvoeiro for a few years too. We are going for 11 nights and I can't wait!!

Costacoffeeplease Sat 12-Mar-16 17:36:34

It's absolutely beautiful at the moment, blue skies and sunshine and very warm during the day, but still chilly at night so bring some jumpers/fleeces and make sure your accommodation has heating!

Algar Seco Parque is in a great location, brilliant sea views, and close to all the restaurants and shops - it's also at one end of the boardwalk along the cliffs

Costacoffeeplease Sat 12-Mar-16 17:51:55

Here's a glimpse of Carvoeiro today

mollyonthemove Sat 12-Mar-16 19:03:57

Phew! It was lovely this time last year but yes, nippy at night.

Misty9 Sun 13-Mar-16 22:25:23

I have very similar requirements to you op - mine also love the disco! But younger dc, nearly 5 and just 2 and we want to go in June to make the most of last chance before school years start smile
So will be watching the thread with interest...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now