Copenhagen and Paris hotels

(10 Posts)
Avebury Tue 08-Mar-16 14:31:09

Hoping to do a couple of city breaks rather than a big holiday this year and looking for accommodation for 5 of us in both Copenhagen and Paris.

Doesn't have to be total budget but will really only be used as a base to sleep so would rather not spend too much either.

Any suggestions most welcome.

AveEldon Tue 08-Mar-16 14:33:51

The Scandic chain has a number of hotels in Copenhagen and they are usually good value

Avebury Tue 08-Mar-16 14:51:09

Thank you - will have a look

Floralnomad Tue 15-Mar-16 23:31:44

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen towers , it was lovely and very convenient .

HolgerDanske Tue 15-Mar-16 23:33:41

Sorry it's really not cheap, but I like the Hilton. It's right at the airport, so no fuss at all, plus easy to get to everywhere you need to go as well.

NotPennysBoat Wed 16-Mar-16 09:05:36

Not sure if it's what you're after but I've used Airbnb for apartments in both of those cities. Dead central and gives extra space which is handy if there are 5 of you! Was nice to be able to have a coffee and pastry in our own kitchen in the mornings before venturing out for a full day!

SingingSands Wed 16-Mar-16 09:08:25

We've booked an AirBnB apartment for a week in Copenhagen in June. There are loads to choose from and give much more flexibility than a hotel. We are a family of four, staying in a 2 bed apartment with large lounge and kitchen. We tend to avoid hotels on our city breaks these days.

Clg199 Wed 16-Mar-16 09:08:36

We stayed in the Ibsen Hotel in Copenhagen. It was recommended in a magazine I read, and we loved it. Copenhagen is such a compact city that most places are easily accessible from there.

INeedNewShoes Wed 16-Mar-16 09:12:11

Copenhagen
Hotel Danmark has an average 3/5 score on TripAdvisor but the negative reviews are written by people who chose the cheapest 'standard' rooms which are, unsurprisingly, small. The hotel could also do with new carpets and a lick of paint.

But if you opt for the 'superior' rooms there is plenty of floor space, and the rooms overlooking the courtyard are nice and quiet. There is a fabulous low-key family-run restaurant serving Danish food next to the hotel. The hotel breakfast is organic and fresh. And there is a bar serving nice coffees, wines and gins at very reasonable prices by Copenhagen prices.

It's also right next to Tivoli Gardens which are a must if you're there during the Spring/Summer months.

I chose Hotel Danmark two trips ago because it was cheap on a deal, but enjoyed staying there so much I paid full price to be able to stay there my next visit - still less than half the price of the Hilton. But the Hilton is absolutely lovely, where as Hotel Danmark is definitely a bit tired (but much better location).

MamaDuckling Wed 16-Mar-16 09:15:39

Copenhagen- I'd highly recommend Axel Guldesmeden. Great location, gorgeous Scandinavian styled hotel with lovely spa. Very reasonable too.

Paris - Hotel du Nord near Canal St Martin. Wonderful area and v reasonable for Paris

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now