anyone been to Soller in Mallorca?

(13 Posts)
Onlyconnect Tue 08-Mar-16 10:24:54

But of a jump from Loch Lomond which I've just been asking about. I'm now thinking about 4 nights in Soller at L'Avenida Hotel. If we didn't have a car, is it a lovely place to be for a few days pottering and relaxation?

Bellini12 Wed 09-Mar-16 10:18:38

I've only been on a day trip and it was beautiful. There's a tram connecting the little town and the beach. Perfect for 4 nights though I'd say there were nicer beaches on the island, it is definitely very scenic.

Only1scoop Wed 09-Mar-16 10:23:28

Soller is lovely!!

Very relaxing.... little sheltered bay and strip of beach. Tram runs along and plenty of little cafes etc.

If you do decide to hire a car some stunning places to visit and the road over the mountains to Deia and Valdemosa is worth a trip.

LyndaNotLinda Wed 09-Mar-16 10:27:55

I've only been for dinner/wandering about - it's gorgeous and there's some fabulous restaurants.

Sunbeam18 Wed 09-Mar-16 13:39:06

I think you'd want to stay in Port de Soller, which is at the beach . It's gorgeous. Soller itself is a little inland town which is attractive but not by beach. There is v regular transport from Soller down to Port de Soller. You can get to both direct by train from Palma and it's a gorgeous train ride.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 10-Mar-16 09:08:15

Port de Soller is indeed beautiful - I liked it better than Mumsnet favourite Puerto Pollensa, but if you are planning to eat out, it is quite expensive.

Depends on your budget really. Using the tram daily would add up too - it seems to be a tourist attraction rather than public transport IYSIM.

But you could easily fill 4 days. The other thing you could do would be to go on the mountain train to Palma - breathtaking.

SantanaBinLorry Thu 10-Mar-16 09:13:34

Soller and Port de Soller are beautiful, perfect for foir days. Tram between town and port takes 15-20.
You can take the 1912(?) electric train through the mountains into Palma for the day. There are Picasso and Miro art works at the station.
We love it there and try to get over as often as possible.

SantanaBinLorry Thu 10-Mar-16 09:15:54

Also, IMO Port/Soller have a more spectacular mountain back drop and prettier town than Pollenca. Although the beach and harbour at Pollensa is more beautiful than (fairly man made) beach at Port de Soller.

ExitPursuedByABear Thu 10-Mar-16 12:14:05

Love Soller and the Port. The train, the tram. I went many, many years ago (about 30) when it was very quiet and mainly frequented by Germans.
Went back for the day about 14 years ago when staying in Pollenca and it was really busy. But still lovely.

Chinesealan Thu 10-Mar-16 12:17:48

Been twice. You'll have a great time.

ellaballoo Sat 12-Mar-16 07:15:05

Lovely to see such positivity for Port Soller , we are going for 4 nights in August.

Sunbeam18 Sun 13-Mar-16 23:15:36

This thread stayed in my head and we've just booked a week in a lovely apartment in Port de Soller in May !

SantanaBinLorry Mon 14-Mar-16 07:56:22

May is lovely here. Just warming up, but not too hot. And nice and quiet before the season starts proper. Roll on Spring smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now