Holidays within 4-5 hours drive of Calais

(15 Posts)
228agreenend Mon 07-Mar-16 20:28:48

We are planning a holiday in a France or Europe this summer, and would like to go somewhere within 4-5 hours drive of Calais. There'll be me, dh and two teens. i don't particularly like large holiday parks, but don't mind smaller one, lodges, gives etc.

Sandgroper Tue 08-Mar-16 14:41:17

Hi

We have been to this place in the Loire Valley,and,going again at Easter. 5 gites in the countryside, pool (heated in a glass enclosure which can be opened up in the summer) games room, plenty of outdoor space, boules court, table tennis table, volley ball court

www.luxuryloiregites.com

Driving from the tunnel takes about 5 hours.

Not sure if it is what you had in mind, there were a few teens there last time we stayed there. though my DS bit younger (10 and 8), they love it and having the freedom to run around without supervision.

228agreenend Tue 08-Mar-16 18:53:31

Looks fab - enough to keep teens occupied on site, when we relax with a vino or three, and lots of places to visit around also. Unfortunately, the summer holidays is fully booked, apart from one week which we can't do.

228agreenend Tue 08-Mar-16 19:16:04

However, it's making me consider that area.

motherigloo Tue 08-Mar-16 19:23:59

I love the Loire!

You could get to St Malo in 5 hours :-)

Stick to the west and most places are lovely.

Not much if you just drive south or east.

Unless of course you want to do the champagne region tours!

daffsntulips Tue 08-Mar-16 19:45:29

This is perfect for teenagers, although it is a site, it is on the smaller side. The plots are well spaced out with lots of privacy. It's near a little village with a bakery, restaurant and basic shop. The shop on site is good.

in the Loire Valley

Book direct with the site and save lots on Keycap kind of prices.

lapsedorienteerer Tue 08-Mar-16 20:52:20

Normandy

Branleuse Sat 12-Mar-16 11:24:32

we're doing a featherdown farm in normandy which is 4 hours from calais, overlooking Mont st Michel. Also half the price of the UK ones smile

Depends on what your teenagers are into though, not all of them will want to do glamping on a working farm, although my 15 year old is very excited

MrsPnut Sun 20-Mar-16 07:40:56

We did the Vendee one summer, booked a mobile home www.rcn.nl/en/camping/france/vendee/rcn-la-ferme-du-latois/home and it was about 5 hours driving from Calais. We had fantastic weather and we weren't too far from the coast.

dementedma Sun 20-Mar-16 07:42:42

Second Normandy.

Justputyourshoesonnow Mon 11-Apr-16 02:20:44

Etching

Taylorandnicolesmummy Wed 13-Apr-16 17:46:22

Sandgroper we have literally just booked this place!! Is it as nice as it looks, any tips you can pass on? Xx

LIZS Wed 13-Apr-16 17:53:09

Agree Normandy, we stayed at a Pierre et Vacances property at Dives sur Mer. Close to a beach but also on a marina and estuary , relatively small holiday complex with pool in a residential area. Lots of WW2 sites nearby plus Bayeaux and Deauville.

MeganChips Wed 13-Apr-16 18:13:27

Duinrell in Holland if you fancy something that's not France.

It's an easy drive from Calais, 3 to 4 hours and there is lots to do. There are pools and a free and decent theme park on site, bike hire, easy reach of the beach and a stones throw from Amsterdam.

We went last year and we all loved it.

Sandgroper Sun 17-Apr-16 16:58:23

Hi Taylorandnicolesmummy

I wil PM you about luxury Loire gites.

Sorry only just seen your post.

Cheers
Sandgroper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now