Nice coastal village/town in May - Spain or Portugal?

(3 Posts)
TooMuchRain Sun 06-Mar-16 16:38:18

I've had brilliant recommendations from here before so am looking for a bit of help again! I want to take my parents away in May and am looking for ideas on where to go. I was thinking of Spain or Portugal mainly because they are cheaper than France/Italy but I've never been to the coast in either. The wishlist is:
near the coast (don't need beaches, just good views/nice places to stroll)
prefer to avoid the places that have been a bit taken over by British tourists/expats (I know we are tourists ourselves and expect to see others but we don't want British cafes etc.)
quiet
somewhere to eat in the evening
culturally interesting things nearby
I've never been to the coast in either Spain or Portugal (though I know some of the cities pretty well) and so I'm not quite sure where to look/avoid. The kind of place that would be ideal is somewhere like the Peloponnese but realistically the drive from Athens would be a bit much for me to do on my own, so I'm thinking of somewhere that doesn't involve a long/twisty drive.
TIA!

Hersetta427 Mon 07-Mar-16 13:38:49

Maybe the Murcia region of spain on the costa calida. Maybe san pedro del pinatar or los al cathares. Both very spainish and both within 10 mins of the airport.

Onykahonie Mon 07-Mar-16 14:47:44

Palma, Mallorca?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now