Son Bou Gardens - Menorca, anyone been?!

(7 Posts)
littlevic Tue 23-Feb-16 11:08:19

We're on the verge of booking a holiday for the 1st time to Menorca (we used to live in Mallorca so have an idea of what it'll be like) at the end of May half term... Sadly a budget holiday is the way forward this year, so have found a fab deal on Teletext Holidays would you believe and wonder what the accommodation is like at Son Bou Gardens? It looks pretty basic which is do-able as long as it's not shockingly basic!?!
Any ideas? X

LovelyFriend Tue 23-Feb-16 14:21:53

I've not stayed at that hotel, but I have stayed at Son Bou (in a villa).
The beach is beautiful - long white sandy ebach. Quite busy at one end but you can walk all the way down to very quiet part even in August.

The resort as a whole is fairly quiet - but that could be Menorca all over - no lager louts there. Nice restaurants, ice creams, kids activities, cafes etc. There is a water park but we didn't go there either though we will next time. There is a British pub but also lots of Spanish restaurants - we had a fantastic paella in Son Bou.

Its only about 30 minutes from the airport by car too. I had a lovely 2 weeks in Son Bou.

have you checked on Trip Advisor?

littlevic Sat 27-Feb-16 14:18:53

Thanks LovelyFriend - yes Trip advisor reviews are fairly good, it's just basic accommodation but think we'll have to put up with that, if that's our budget!
Son Bou does sound like quite a nice little resort - must admit we normally go for a bit more culture - we used to live in Mallorca so we've had our fill of British pubs etc so hoping there are some nice local restaurants etc too!
Thanks for your help... x

LovelyFriend Sat 27-Feb-16 16:33:11

I've also stayed in Aliaor which is the closest town. I think you can get there by bus from Son bou. It had an amazing modern tapas bar. I'll try and get you the details.

LovelyFriend Sat 27-Feb-16 17:16:45

I can't figure out how to link to Trip Advisor but here's a screenshot

LovelyFriend Sat 27-Feb-16 17:19:11

Very reasonable. 3 hungry adults food and beers was €40

littlevic Mon 29-Feb-16 11:10:54

Ooh marv that looks nice! Thanks! Love a good tapas bar.... smile
Will probably book today if I get time, just gonna take the plunge, don't think the accommodation is anything special (well, the ones on Teletext anyway!) but I guess we'll be on the beach/exploring most of the time!!
Thanks for your help smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now