Tresco

(4 Posts)
SuperMoonIsKeepingMeUpToo Tue 23-Feb-16 10:13:57

Had anyone been to Tresco? Thinking of it for a Summer holiday for our family of 4. Two boys who will be 14. Are there things to 'do' there? Any advice about accommodation? Travel there etc? We live in Surrey.

Thanks in advance.

mummymeister Tue 23-Feb-16 20:15:53

If you mean tresco in the isles of scilly then I seriously wouldn't take 2 14 year olds there they will be bored witless. its great to go for a short break for a few days but really it is a lot of walking around and nature. I like this sort of thing but I couldn't stick more than 3 days. you could combine it with a trip to cornwall but if its school hols you will find it expensive and books out early. so many other lovely places to visit in cornwall that I just wouldn't travel all the way there from surrey for tresco.

kiddieholidays1 Wed 24-Feb-16 22:17:31

I really fancy going to the Isles of Scilly with my little ones - I got inspired by these posts.

thetravelhack.com/uk/52-photogenic-reasons-to-fall-in-love-with-the-isles-of-scilly/

thetravelhack.com/uk/why-tregarthens-is-the-best-baby-friendly-hotel-and-what-other-hotels-can-learn-from-it/

mummymeister Thu 25-Feb-16 13:54:07

kiddieholidays1 - but the OPs children are 14. they aren't looking for baby friendly places. there are other places just as good in Cornwall that don't require you to take a boat or plane/helicopter when the weather allows.

I did say that the I oS were lovely to look at but seriously, if you are a 14 yr old boy is this really your idea of a good holiday?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now