Easter holidays

(7 Posts)
JoMalones Wed 17-Feb-16 20:09:56

Cornwall is almost as expensive as a week in Europe so we've started to look around for Easter. So far Algarve and Majorca.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Must be Europe, walking distance of a beach, 1hr ish from airport and no hire car needed. 6 children under 5-7. Thank you!

mouldycheesefan Thu 18-Feb-16 09:51:25

Get a heated pool as Easter can still be chilly. Take wetsuits for the kids.

Costacoffeeplease Thu 18-Feb-16 10:01:57

I live in Carvoeiro in the Algarve, small resort, lots of accommodation within walking distance of the beach/shops/restaurants etc - 45 minutes from Faro

Happy to a see any questions

Costacoffeeplease Thu 18-Feb-16 10:02:11

Answer any questions!!

JoMalones Thu 18-Feb-16 18:18:12

Oh thanks Mouldy good tip!

Costa thank you! Is it swimsuit weather? I've only been to Lisbon in Easter (v v windy and cold!) and Algarve after May so really not sure! The children live in the sea/pool of hey can and because of their ages that means we will have to too!

Hulababy Thu 18-Feb-16 18:37:56

We are off to Lanzarote this Easter, for a week, staying in a villa in Playa Blanca. We've enjoyed sunny and warm weather in February there, and some days in December when we went.

Not been at Easter, but went to the Algarve in one October half term and it was really warm. Also been to Majorca at Easter and October and again it was warm weather, though Easter was later that year. Was cooler in the evenings but t shirt weather in the day.

I would definitely go somewhere with a heated pool though.

Costacoffeeplease Thu 18-Feb-16 19:10:20

It will probably still be a bit cold to swim in an unheated pool, but there are lots of villas and a few apartment complexes with heated pools

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now