Marrakech Hotel & reccomendations

(3 Posts)
Mcsh1977 Sun 07-Feb-16 18:59:00

My husband and I are going to Marrakech for 4 nights at the end of April. We went before we had kids and stayed in a riad. This time we'd like to stay in more relaxing surroundings than the souk. And recommendations for a hotel with a pool that isn't too far from the souks would be very welcome. Also after any restaurant & bar recommendations. Thanks so much

NaiveBean Sun 07-Feb-16 22:43:42

I cannot recommend Riad dar Sbihi enough (http://www.riaddarsbihi.com/en/). There is a small pool and a hammam (sp?), albeit the latter is at an additional cost. The food there is amazing and they also recommend really good restaurants and local guides. It's a ten minute walk from the Souk and once you're through the doors it's incredibly peaceful and fragrant. There's a rooftop terrace and everything was spotless. The owners couldn't have been more friendly. I'd go back again in a heartbeat.

There was a restaurant by the name of Limoni nearby, which we found for ourselves and that was also amazing.

SJane45S Thu 11-Feb-16 20:59:42

We stayed at the Riad Dar El Aila last year. It's in the old town but not in the souk. Very beautiful and traditional and didn't cost the earth. There is a plunge pool and gorgeous roof terraces. We had a family room and I honestly can't think of a bad thing to say about it. Also has an onsite hamman and restaurant. It was a little hard to find initially but do if asked do an airport pickup.

After the Riad we spent 5 nights at the Eden Andalou - a large hotel with water park on the outskirts of Marrakech. There is a regular courtesy mini van into Marrakech and it's very family friendly and AI. With its mini disco, water slides etc, this was my 7 year olds favourite hotel ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now