Family hotel in Greece or Cyprus

(12 Posts)
VaJayJay Thu 04-Feb-16 15:09:13

Hi I'm looking to book a week in August for me DH and DS who will be 3.5, we'd really like to go to either Greece or Cyprus. We'd prefer a hotel rather than apartments but we don't want to go AI.
I love putting DS in the buggy in the evenings and going for a stroll to the nearest village/restaurants for dinner but I'd also love to find a hotel that still has some form of kids entertainment but I'm finding it difficult to find a SC option that offers this.

Could anybody recommend a family friendly hotel that's not too far from restaurants/centre.

Thank you smile

snowgirl1 Thu 04-Feb-16 15:15:18

We went to Neilson's Beach Club in Sivota - they provide evening meals 4(?) nights a week; and you can take a short walk to the nearby harbor which has lots of restaurants on the other evenings - or you can take a water taxi (DD who was age 3.5 when we went enjoyed this).

They have a kids club - and there are loads and loads of activities for adults too (sailing, windsurfing, 2 waterski pulls a week, pilates, yoga).

Worked really well for us.

VaJayJay Fri 05-Feb-16 15:19:54

Thank you Snowgirl. I've just had a look and it looks amazing but it's a bit out of our price range.
For 7 nights in August in the basic room it's £3000 and that's apparently with a discount of £1400!

I'll keep looking but thanks for the suggestion smile

mummymeister Sat 06-Feb-16 10:43:58

Vajayjay - what do you expect in August? I thought £3k for a hotel for 3 of you looked pretty reasonable in August as it does include the flights as well. what is your budget then?

exLtEveDallas Sat 06-Feb-16 10:50:56

The Louis King Jason in Paphos, Cyprus is a good one and not far to walk for plenty of 'culture'

exLtEveDallas Sat 06-Feb-16 10:55:58

Oh. The King Jason has gone AI since I last visited - I didn't realise. It's still a lovely place. If it's SC only then the Aliathon Apartments in Paphos are great, lots for kids to do.

BathTangle Sat 06-Feb-16 11:03:30

Was also going to say Aliathon apartments in Paphos - it's a long time since I went there, but it is very nice - although from memory quite a long "stroll" (maybe 15 - 20 mins?) to the main part of town for restaurants.

VaJayJay Sat 06-Feb-16 14:38:47

Thank you for all your replies I'll have a look at everything mentioned.

Mummymeister my budget is £3K including spending money, I don't think that is unreasonable for 7 nights SC do you? The Neilsons holiday does provide some meals too but not all so we'd need spending money on top of the £3K too. Its not really what I'm looking for though as I'd much prefer to go SC.

Shakey15000 Sat 06-Feb-16 14:47:38

OP I've pm'd you smile

Chewbecca Sun 07-Feb-16 22:05:41

Do you have to go in August? Your budget is tight then but you'd get somewhere fab at the start of July or September, I.e. Outside school hols.

snowgirl1 Sun 07-Feb-16 22:10:42

Sorry, didn't realise it was so expensive in August - we went outside the school holidays.

VaJayJay Wed 10-Feb-16 11:58:50

Thank you for your pm Shakey it's much appreciated smile

It looks like it might have to be August Chewbecca. My childminder has 8 weeks holiday a year and DH and I cover that between us and the only week we managed to book off together was in August.
We have both checked back with work and we could both book either the week beginning 5th or 12th September but the w/c 5th is when DS will hopefully be starting full time at the primary school nursery (if he gets awarded a place). I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to have him miss the first or second week of settling in, or even if we'd have to have permission for him to be absent.

Snowgirl please don't apologise, I was very grateful for the suggestion and it looks fantastic, it's definitely a holiday we'd have loved if we weren't so restricted with dates.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now