Recommendations for all inclusive in Majorca with 15 month old -thank you!

(12 Posts)
mummymilkfloat Wed 03-Feb-16 14:55:02

Hello!
After much deliberating and trying to find decent day time flights from our local airport -Cardiff, we have decided on going to Majorca.
We are looking for a nice all inclusive suitable for us and our toddler.
Preferably an apartment just so we can put the little one down to sleep in an evening and so we've got a kitchen to make bottles etc.
I've seen a few nice hotels but they all seem quite far from the airport, not sure we can handle a 90 minute coach journey after a flight!
It would also be good if we could book through Thomas cook as they gave the best flights but don't mind booking separately if needed.
Has anyone got any recommendations?
Thanks in advance smile

RemoteControlledChaos Wed 03-Feb-16 16:52:25

We had a great holiday at the Viva hotel in Palma Nova when DS was 2. Our room was a one-bedroom apartment with roof terrace (with a hot tub!) and balcony so we ate together at 6pm and then had space to hang out in the apartment once DS was asleep. (There was a kitchenette in the apartment but it wasn't well equipped and the all-inclusive deal was such good value that we didn't make our own food.)
We booked direct with the hotel which was cheaper and booked private taxi transfers which was quite quick, loads better and not much more expensive than waiting for the coach. The hotel is right between Magaluf and Palma Nova so the nearby strip is subject to the stereotypical Magaluf craziness but as we were there in October there wasn't much of that going on. Very close to beach, shops, restaurants etc and great toddler facilities on-site.

mummymilkfloat Wed 03-Feb-16 18:40:12

Thank you Chaos! Sounds great, I will look it up tonight- thank you!

AliceMum09 Fri 05-Feb-16 09:51:26

You could always book your own transfer. We went a couple of years ago on a Thomson package holiday, but we declined their coach transfer and that made the package cheaper.

We booked our own transfer as the children were 7, 4 and 1 and I didn't want them on a coach with no car seats. We have been to Majorca many times and always use www.majorca-airport-transfers.com. They are very reliable and having your own transfer means you can have a car seat for your children and be away from the airport as soon as you have your luggage (instead of waiting for the people who have lost their bags or who can't find the holiday rep or coach!). It's quicker too as you'll just go straight to your accommodation rather than going to other accommodation first or even other resorts.

We always go to Puerto Pollensa, it's less than an hour's drive in a private taxi but all the tour operators quote a 90 minute transfer.

mummymilkfloat Mon 08-Feb-16 10:23:32

Thanks Alice smile I will look into that!

kiddieholidays1 Mon 08-Feb-16 20:44:28

Hi - Have you heard of the Pirates Village Hotel near Santa Ponsa? It's (obviously!) a pirate themed hotel which isn't too far from the airport and is really popular with families with young children. Alternatively, I have an article about 8 toddler friendly hotels in Majorca - might be of interest.....

www.kiddieholidays.co.uk/8-baby-and-toddler-friendly-hotels-in-majorca/

Hope you get something sorted!

Jo

BananaDaiquiri Tue 16-Feb-16 19:19:06

Two years ago we went to Insotel Cala Mandia with kids aged 3 and 8 months had a great time.

ohidoliketobe Tue 16-Feb-16 19:22:22

We stayed at Jutlandia apartments in Santa Ponsa last September. Apartments were great, can opt for meal options at sister hotel just across the road. Large supermarket about 5 mins walk if self catering. santa ponsa lovely town/ village. We did private transfer which was about 25 mins from airport.
Pirates Village mentioned above looked great but think was a hotel rather than apartments (don't quote me).

GetHappy Tue 01-Mar-16 20:30:02

I recommend Puerto Pollensa. We stayed at the Playa Mar with our DD who was one at the time last September. Couldn't fault it. Didn't go all inclusive so can't comment on food

Hersetta427 Wed 02-Mar-16 08:09:50

The Bonaire aparthotel in cala bona. Has the best of both worlds. Apartment facilities plus entertainment and great kids facilities.

Makemineacabsauv Thu 03-Mar-16 23:42:28

Sorry we didn't rate the Playa Mar - all Brits abroad and the apartments were tiny. Indoor pool was good but the hotel wasn't great! Found Puerto pollensa quite pretentious and IMO there are much nicer and cheaper parts of Majorca.

Makemineacabsauv Thu 03-Mar-16 23:44:08

Really liked Club Martha in Cala Egos (by Cala d'or) but weren't AI - did t need to be as hotel/apt pizza place was fab and all the local restaurants were excellent and 2 mins walk away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now