Milan budget hotels for families

(3 Posts)
frazzled74 Tue 02-Feb-16 19:01:00

Can anyone recommend a hotel for a 2 night stay in Milan , close to central station and within walking distance to the Duomo or other attraction. We will have 1 day in Milan for sightseeing and dd is only 3 so could do with tips on how to make the most of it without it becoming stressful.

SJane45S Wed 03-Feb-16 16:44:48

We (my husband, 6 year old and myself) stayed at the Hotel Romana Residence 2 years ago - it's not budget but it wasn't expensive and we had a really nice family room. It's about a 10 minutes walk from the Duomo (the huge central station is about a 15 minute taxi ride into the centre and wasn't a particularly nice area). The main sites are in walkable distance of each other but we also did a hop on and off open top bus tour which covered all the main attractions. I have to be honest, I've been all over Italy and Milan is one of my least favourite cities along with Naples - it lacks the charm of Rome, Venice, Bologna, Florence etc. Maybe if I'd been on a shopping trip with a lot of cash it may have been a different story! And take mosquito repellent - come dusk there are loads!

frazzled74 Fri 05-Feb-16 22:30:16

Thank you, I've booked, hotel looks perfect for what we want. It's more of a stopover on the way to Venice, but seems a waste not to see a little bit of the city whilst we are there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now