Holiday suggestion with two teenage boys please

(7 Posts)
whostolethesocks Fri 29-Jan-16 14:31:35

I'd like to book somewhere this year for myself and two boys (14 and 17). I want somewhere where we can spend a bit of time together (probably the last holiday I'll have with the 17 year old), do a bit of exploring, doing a bit of relaxing and where there's something for them to do/go to have a little bit of freedom (away from me) if they wish. I don't really want to drive abroad. Any suggestions please - UK, Europe or further afield...

Provencalroseparadox Fri 29-Jan-16 15:20:06

Somewhere like Barcelona where there is beach and city?

whostolethesocks Fri 29-Jan-16 15:35:30

That's a brilliant suggestion Provencalrose. I actually went there last July with my OH (without children). I think the boys would like it too. Not sure whether I want to go back quite so soon.

mummymeister Fri 29-Jan-16 15:58:08

we went on a watersports week to vassilliki in Greece. only went for a week but my teens loved it. kept active all morning and early afternoon in the classes then they had the teen activities in the afternoons. not a holiday with lots of younger ones around so it meant mine were always off doing stuff with others the same age. we went with ocean elements and it was perfect for us. not sure if you want to be that organised or if they like watersports but just wanted to suggest it.

Provencalroseparadox Fri 29-Jan-16 16:07:04

I'd look for somewhere similar then. A great city with a beach close. Maybe Athens, Bordeaux, Biarritz, San Sebastián, Naples, Venice

Provencalroseparadox Fri 29-Jan-16 16:07:43

Friend of mine had a great holiday in Lisbon recently

GreenShadow Sat 30-Jan-16 20:52:49

Agree with mummymeister - depending on what your budget is of course, but a watersport activity holiday worked well for us last year with 21 and 15 year old DSs. We went with Neilson who tend to work out a bit cheaper than Mark Warner but they all offer similar activities and a chance for teens to hang out together if they wish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now