Menorca

(6 Posts)
marilynmonroe Tue 26-Jan-16 11:31:28

Can anyone recommend a lovely place to stay in Menorca. We are a family of 4 (DC 6&7). we are looking for either a small hotel or apartment with a swimming pool, close to a town with lovely restuarants (walkable distance). We would probably hire a car but would be nice to be within walking distance to a beach. Am I asking too much?!!

ILoveWillSmith Tue 26-Jan-16 20:13:18

We always stay in Cala Forcat when we go to Menorca, it's really nice. We stay in a big hotel ( the Almirante Farragut) but it's not that child friendly imo. There is an apartment complex called The Talyot which is ideal for kids, small but nice apartments ( self catering) a couple of pools and evening entertainment, not far from the beach.
There are a few Villa Plus properties in the area which are reasonably priced and have private pools. They are mostly in residential areas and quite quiet, but are within walking distance of the beaches. Both beaches at Cala Forcat and Cala Blanes are great for kids, Cala Forcat has more rocky platforms and a small area of sand, Cala Blanes has mostly sand.
You can now walk along the coast from Cala Blanes ( just down the road) into Cuitadella which is a lovely walk. Takes me and dh about an hour but we walk very slowly!
Sorry if I've just told you a load of stuff you already know!grin

marilynmonroe Tue 26-Jan-16 22:00:41

That's great it's like you! X

marilynmonroe Tue 26-Jan-16 22:02:13

I mean that's great thank you!

ILoveWillSmith Thu 28-Jan-16 11:24:13

smile

Warmworm Thu 28-Jan-16 15:17:32

I wasn't too impressed with the Tayalot, or Cala'n forcat when we went in 2012. The town was looking very run down and the beach was small. The Tayalot apartments were chock full of families with babies and toddlers, which is fine if you also have very small children, but ours were older and it wasn't what we wanted.
I prefer Son Bou. There are apartments called Son Bou Gardens a short walk from the beach/ restaurants which we really liked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now